Ive started potty training my 2 and half daughter any tips im soo lost???

She will go on the potty and not the toilet and has had a few accidents but she knows she should of told me, when she has already went..im new to this and i feel as if im stuck in the house forever, really want to go out shopping but dont think i can incase she wets everywere....HELP

Favorite Answer

My daughter was so happy when she was able to use a real toilet. Pride had alot to do with it because she knew that adults and big kids use the toilet. I researched and found a very safe and very sturdy stool with sides for the toilet so she could hold on the entire time. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-... She climbed up right away and was so confident that she never went back. This stool made all the difference and she potty trained right away. It was well worth it because even once she was potty trained she wasn't tall enough to reach but with this stool she could. Hope this helps.

PS- I put toilet paper over the water so there was no splash. When we were out I said "tell me if you have to go" and there were no accidents.

truthfully... it takes time. Its like when shes ready youll know kind of thing... I bought a potty 6 months before my son started... we kept it out... he watched me go potty i let him hand me the toilet paper, flush for me... say bye pee-pee... wash our hands... little by little it started catching on... He just started using it religously like a week ago! I was so happy! praise is the best thing! But this is how i really go him used to it... as soo as she wakes up tell her come on lets go potty! so before she even thinks about going in the diaper sit her down... if she doesnt go sit with her... give her a sippy cup and hang out for a while. no matter how much she says no... when she cant take it and finally goes pretend u won the lotto and start dancin around and make the biggest deal out of it! she will be the happiest baby ever! beleive me! After a few days I still put my son to bed with a diaper... and when we went out... but i asked constantly do you have to potty... like 50 bagillion times a day! but it works, there minds r so busy and distracted that theyll forget so keep mentioning it! Next go to the store and get big girl undies and a lil' something extra! Going #2 is going to be a lil more difficult tho because shell probly panic. Im still working on that one... but good luck! When it finally happens youll be so relieved!

Source(s): the happiest mom now that i dont have to buy diapers! woo hoo!

1. Try encouraging your child with a reward. Every time they can go to the potty without wetting their pants, they get a treat (candy, toy, etc…). I tried this with my nephew and he definitely loved it. He was so excited to show me he went potty all by himself. It may take a few tries before they get the hang of it but once they do it’s all uphill from there.

2. Use a prop for your child. One of my favorites that I use with Jacqueline is the potty undies. We picked a pair of undies that has a cartoon character she loves (in this case strawberry shortcake) and I tell her, “Make sure you don’t get Strawberry all wet. She doesn’t like that very much.” So now when she goes potty she finds me afterwards to show me Strawberry is still dry.

The main idea is to entertain the child and make it seem like going potty is a game. Children hate work and love fun, so why not make potty time fun for them. Trust me your child will absolutely love one of the top two ideas. Good Luck!

Source(s): www.tinaschildtips.com

i too have had problems with my little one she will go 2 the toilet 4 a wee and nothing else..get her a little step an a toilet seat that fit's in, also a book,an hour or so before u go out limit her water intake an go the loo as i've learn't the more frustration u show u only get yourself wound up....also do the star chart or small reward's when u've done day's shopping in the word's of supernanny.....

Potty immediately before you leave, keep the trip short (half hour to one hour) and bring a change of clothes. Sounds like she needs a few successful outings and more practice.

when i potty trained my daughter i just constantly reminded her to PP in the Potty and when ever she used her potty i screamed yeehiiii and clapped and that seemed to work for her but every child is different.

also you should make sure she is ready to be potty trained. they have a checklist which you could probably find online of the signs that your child is ready to be potty trained.

• moogy

i used to work at a daycare and we asked the parents not to use the potty chairs for this exact reason. try taking the potty chair away all together so she doesn't think it is there anymore. use a rewards system (cookie, sticker, stamp, etc...)