Marie H asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Is there a difference between CHI irons?

Is there a difference between the pink chi iron or the regular black one (I think it's called Farouk Chi)?

I've got coarse textured hair and sometimes it frizzes after I flat iron in with my old flat iron. So would one be better than the other for my hair?

Favorite Answer

Well I usually have a problem with alot of hair straighteners that have broken off my hair or not done the job right, therefore having to straighten up to 3 times a day. My girlfriends got the pink Chi iron and she has very thick curly hair so its hard to get it straight. When she uses it she has incredibly straight hair and when I use it, it not only makes my hair straight but it keeps it pretty soft too. I'm just waiting to save up to buy one because they are pretty pricey lol =P

The difference between cheap flat irons and expensive ones like CHI is the plates. on the cheaper ones they just coat steel plates with a light layer of ceramic. and on CHI's the whole plate is ceramic. The problem with only having a light layer over steel is, eventually it will wear off and you will have uneven heating, and since some steel will be exposed you could also risk damaging your hair. whereas if the whole plate is ceramic you will not have to worry about that, you can always be certain that the heat will be even and that you will get great results. I used to use the cheap ones, but I finally splurged and bought a CHI. I couldn't be happier. it only takes one stroke to straighten my hair, and it doesn't pull like my cheap one used to. the CHI's run from about $80-$150 depending on the model. and it's a quality product, meaning it will last a long time.

they pretty much have the same good quality. however, the only different would be the plates. my sister has a red chi and its plates are really smooth, so it gives smoother, straight hair. i have a black chi with regular plates (i guess youd call them that), but it still works fine

Let it be natural, but if you want the non tree hugger answer then probably the pink one hope it helps!

Source(s): Cosmotologist