What is TSP? Table Spoon (large spoon) or Tea Spoon(small spoon)?

Why is it so confusing or it's just me?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a TeaSPoon (TSP). And a TaBleSpoon (TBS)

• Login to reply the answers
  • zeitz
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Tsp Spoon

• Mary J
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

TSP=teaspoon; Tbsp=tablespoon

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tsp is always Teaspoon. When I write out recipes I always write tsp for teaspoon and TBS for Tablespoon.

There are three tsp per TBS. 1 TBS is 1/16th of cup so 4 TBS = 1/4 cup. 16 tsp = 1/3 cup.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • R B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It's confusing because you may just be reading recipes and trying not to be bored at work! That is not such a bad thing....looking at recipes to find something yummy. Also learning...

A teaspoon is usually abbreviated with a lower-case "t" , tea, or tsp. It all means the same smaller measure. My advice - if you are BAKING, do not use the teaspoon you eat with. Use the one for measuring - the ones that come from 1/4 teaspoon to the tablespoon measure. This is vital to your baking success.

A tablespoon is usually abbreviated with an upper case "T", Table, or Tbsp. It all means the same larger measure. Do NOT use the larger one you eat with or serve with. These are not all standard measure and will throw your recipe off. Use the measuring set, especially when you are baking.

I know it is confusing because we use them to shorten the task of writing down recipes. We also assume that everyone knows these things, and forget that when people are learning to cook it would be considerate if we make it easier. Again, I applaud you for checking recipes out and asking. You never know if you don't ask, plus, it is horrid to put a tablespoon of salt into something that was only supposed to have a teaspoon. I know....been there, done that. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

tsp is for teaspoon. It's alittle confusing, sice they sometimes use a capital T for tablespoon. But Tsp would be teaspoon, tbs is a tablespoon.

• 4 years ago

what is 1/8 tsp

• 1 decade ago

TSP (teaspoons)= 5ml

TBSP(tablespoons) = 15ml

3 teaspoons equal to 1 tablespoon. I hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

tsp = small

tbsp = large

• Table spoon (large spoon) usually what you would eat desserts with :D x

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.