What horror movies are based on true events besides...?

I used to be a very avid horror movie buff - but then i had my son and that love kinda went to the back burner. But on a rare date night , the hubby and i went to see Mirrors on Saturday and i enjoyed it. But I saw a preview for The Poughkeepsie tapes and it looks pretty interesting. I like movies that are based... show more I used to be a very avid horror movie buff - but then i had my son and that love kinda went to the back burner. But on a rare date night , the hubby and i went to see Mirrors on Saturday and i enjoyed it. But I saw a preview for The Poughkeepsie tapes and it looks pretty interesting. I like movies that are based on true events that are freaky- the ones I know that are based on true stories that i have seen are : Texas Chainsaw, The Mothman Prophcies, The Exorcist etc. But I have NOT seen The Strangers nor the Exorcism of Emily Rose - are these good, scary movies? Let me know and any others you'd think I'd enjoy. So you know my 'style' the other horror movies I love are Halloween (all but parts 3 and 6), the grudge, the ring, scream
Update: wow, a lot of answers already sweet! i have seen Amityville didn't scare me too much - Zodiac, I have to catch that one too - I forgot about that one.