Renea asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 decade ago

where can I find help zenith 701 homebuilt airplane brakes ?

my husband is almost finished building his plane but there in no instructions on the brake system in the drawings or the manuel. A picture or anything that he can see how they hook-up, or anyone that can tell him.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I don't know what kind of brakes are coming with the Zenith 701 but with my Kitfox homebuilt I have the Matco brakes and I think they are quite popular so you might have it too. If that is the case, look at:

http://www.matcomfg.com/

in order to see which model you have, how to install them and last but not least, which fluid to use! Good luck with your buiding.

• 1 decade ago

I'm building a Zenith 801, which is the four-seat version of the 701. Check out the photos on my web page www.garrou.com

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll take some more photos of the brakes.

Also try the pictures on www.zenithair.com

Finally, join the Matronics listserv for Zenith builders (go to www.matronics.com) There are a lot of 701 builders there who can tell him everything he needs to know.

The 701 is a great plane with simple brakes. Good choice and good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would mimic the brakes from anohter AC something simple and inexpensive (funny words to say about an airplane)

• 1 decade ago

Your best source would be your local EAA chapter. Experimental Aircraft Association. They have designated examiners and advisers. Advisers are generally free. They probably have a free book lone program as well.

Check them out.

Source(s): Past member of EAA and AOPA
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.