What is the geometry of heaven?

The universe has a geometry describing spacetime that's locally Minkowski and globally curved by energy-momentum according to Einstein's equation.

But what's the geometry of heaven?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtqfH...

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

As flat as the brain of a believer.

• 1 decade ago

If we take that the limits of space and time are infinite, then heaven is either: 1. an extension of those limits, 2. outside space and or time, or 3. heaven may be the result of a relationship between these two we do not understand. Personally I believe the latter.

When we die we escape the physical confines of the known world and enter the physics of eternity, where time is irrelevant and Truth is absolute in its entirety.

So what are the dimensions of something absolute, or infinite? The dimensions would be both infinitely and absolutely small as well as infinitely and absolutely big. The only rough conception of any such shape, limit or boundary given these circumstances is that outside of it would be absolute void, which is analagous to the metaphor used in the bible when it talks about light and darkness. Where light is goodness and darkness is the absence of goodness, heaven is given as being absolutely good:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:1-5,

"The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light..." Isaiah 60:19-20

"Your word is a lamp to my feet

and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

Source(s): A lifetime of seeking, wondering and believing.
  • 4 years ago

1. (y2-y1) / (x2-x1) is the slope formula. Just plug in your numbers: 0-3 / -3-4 = -3/-7 This is your slope. 2. Distance formula is √[(x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2] Plug in your numbers: √[(-3-4)^2 + (0-3)^2] √[(-7)^2 + (-3)^2] √(49 + 9) √(58) That is your distance. 3. The question should be worded "an ordered pair" not "the ordered pair", because there are many ordered pairs lying within this region. (5,0) is one, for instance. 4. For this one, the incenter would be best, because it is the center of a circle that is inscribed within the triangle. In other words, each side of the triangle is touched at one point by this circle. The center of the circle would be the center of gravity of the triangle. 5. The formula for the surface area of a cylinder is 2 π r^2 + 2 π r h. Plug in your numbers: 2 π 1^2 + 2 π 1(3) (the radius is half the diameter) simplify it to: 4π+6π 10π 6. Create a proportion: 1 cm/ 5 feet = x cm/ 50 feet cross multiply to get: 5x=50 x=10 Therefore, the bottom side would be 10 cm now the left: 1 cm/ 5 feet = x cm/ 25 feet cross multiply: 5x=25 x=5 Therefore, the left side would be 5 cm. LEARN THESE FORMULAS!!! It is CRUCIAL that you understand them for geometry. And, for the record, I agree with the two other people that answered this question. You should be doing the work yourself. I am, of course, assuming that you actually needed help on these problems (assuming that you are the honest person you probably aren't). Consider yourself lucky, if you were dishonest. But seriously, get with the program. Do the work. :)

• 1 decade ago

Infinite.

Is the Universe Infinite?

The shape of the universe is determined by a struggle between the momentum of expansion and the pull of gravity. The rate of expansion is expressed by the Hubble Constant, Ho, while the strength of gravity depends on the density and pressure of the matter in the universe. If the pressure of the matter is low, as is the case with most forms of matter we know of, then the fate of the universe is governed by the density. If the density of the universe is less than the "critical density" which is proportional to the square of the Hubble constant, then the universe will expand forever. If the density of the universe is greater than the "critical density", then gravity will eventually win and the universe will collapse back on itself, the so called "Big Crunch". However, the results of the WMAP mission and observations of distant supernova have suggested that the expansion of the universe is actually accelerating which implies the existence of a form of matter with a strong negative pressure, such as the cosmological constant. This strange form of matter is also sometimes referred to as the "dark energy". If dark energy in fact plays a significant role in the evolution of the universe, then in all likelihood the universe will continue to expand forever.

Geometry of the Universe

Possible space curvatures of the universe: Closed, Flat, Open The density of the universe also determines its geometry. If the density of the universe exceeds the critical density, then the geometry of space is closed and positively curved like the surface of a sphere. This implies that initially parallel photon paths converge slowly, eventually cross, and return back to their starting point (if the universe lasts long enough). If the density of the universe is less than the critical density, then the geometry of space is open, negatively curved like the surface of a saddle. If the density of the universe exactly equals the critical density, then the geometry of the universe is flat like a sheet of paper. Thus, there is a direct link between the geometry of the universe and its fate.

The simplest version of the inflationary theory, an extension of the Big Bang theory, predicts that the density of the universe is very close to the critical density, and that the geometry of the universe is flat, like a sheet of paper. That is the result confirmed by the WMAP science.

Measurements from WMAP

The WMAP spacecraft can measure the basic parameters of the Big Bang theory including the geometry of the universe. If the universe were open, the brightest microwave background fluctuations (or "spots") would be about half a degree across. If the universe were flat, the spots would be about 1 degree across. While if the universe were closed, the brightest spots would be about 1.5 degrees across.

Recent measurements (c. 2001) by a number of ground-based and balloon-based experiments, including MAT/TOCO, Boomerang, Maxima, and DASI, have shown that the brightest spots are about 1 degree across. Thus the universe was known to be flat to within about 15% accuracy prior to the WMAP results. WMAP has confirmed this result with very high accuracy and precision. We now know that the universe is flat with only a 2% margin of error.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Wouldn't that be Celestometry, rather than Geometry? (I just made that up.)

Revelation describes some geometrical measurements of the "new Jerusalem": "The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long. He measured its wall and it was 144 cubits thick, by man's measurement, which the angel was using." (Revelation 21:15-17)

Not a lot in there about what you said. But I suppose you can't apply the real world, or its mathematical model, to myth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the third heaven cannot be measured. if God in His magnificence could come to a measure then so could His reign. there is no geometry to heaven nor does it allign with any theory or notion concerning physics, it defies everything we understand. paul said i was lifted up to heaven and i could not tell wether i was in my body or out of it... meaning its a spiritual and physical dwelling, this is where men from earth can dine with angels from everlasting... it is timeless, measureless, boundless. God is certainly able to confound even the most brilliant of our race. and He has done so to conceal the inheritance for His children.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a cone probably.

Isaiah 40:22

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Heaven is a triangle whose dimensions are 93, 23 and PI.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe this link about the Sumerian cosmology provided by Dan Winters could help.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_...

• 1 decade ago

it is almost flat if you mean to say about heaven scientifically.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.