The best & worse President in your life time?

• DeeJay
    Best Answer

I have lived through 12 President's.

History will in time tell us who were the best because we don,t immediately know the results of the actions they had to take.

I won't be around when it is written, but I do know we must get back to a time when anything goes will not be acceptable.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Harry S. Truman

Dwight D. Eisenhower

John F. Kennedy

Lyndon Baines Johnson

Richard M. Nixon

Gerald R. Ford

James Earl Carter, Jr.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

George Bush

William Clinton

George W Bush

By the way, I have always supported our President once he is elected.

I'm proud of my country and we MUST be united because devided we will fall.

DeeJay.

• blu

The worst is easy. Already, 66% of historians polled say G.W. Bush is the worst in U.S. history and I couldn't agree more.

The best? ... Well, personally, my life was at the most prosperous level under the Clinton administration. He balanced the budget and consumer confidence skyrocketed. I was a small business owner and my sales went through the roof.

I wasn't alive for FDR but f/ what I have read, he and Lincoln are the two best all time.

Oh, and Nixon can rest easy now that "W" has redefined incompetence toward the most important job in the world.

No one will ever outdo the current President as it relates to failure. He didn't make one correct decision. These results are compounded by the strong suspicion that he acted upon his own best interest.

Born in 1946.

During my 62 years, history tells me that Harry Truman was probably the best, although I don't really remember him. But, by all accounts, the man knew how to make a decision and then live with it.

Other than that I would say probably John Kennedy. He gave this nation hope and a feeling that we really had a leader. even if it wasn't always entirely justified, this feeling counts for something.

Georgie W. Bush is the worst. In the running for the worse President in history, I hear tell. In a class all by himself so much so that it is hard to even consider him a President.

Next to Bush, Ronald Reagan was the worst. He started this trickle down economics thing where the solution to every problem is a tax cut for the wealthiest among us. He talked big, but when it came to real action he backed down. I remember Beirut. This had the effect of encouraging terrorism.

• mckey

i've got faith that Richard Nixon replace into an engaging dichotomy. He opened the doorways to China and started palms negotiations with the U.S.. he's in all probability the President who began the top of the chilly conflict. His family rules would be seen liberal via immediately's standards. yet he replace into so for my area corrupt that he destroyed his very own Presidency. in many techniques he replace into the two, the wonderful and the worst President of my lifetime.

• Lynn

It's hard to choose the best, as I find three that were good presidents.

I think John Kennedy was the most loved. Everyone across the country it seemed, mourned with his passing. I would have to say

FDR or Truman for getting jobs done. They stood behind their promises

and didn't take any guff (as the expression was at that time).

Carter I feel was a miserable excuse for a president. I just remem-

ber his grinning alot. I think he's done more since leaving office than he

did while he was residing there.

Best: randy Bill. Economically, things were improving and the deficit was gone, Bill is a smart guy who cultivated good relations with other leaders, my biggest complaint about Bill was his blind eye toward the atrocities in Rwanda and his caving in on the Lani Guinier appointment. So he was doing what many, many powerful men do, having illicit sex with women other than his wife. whooo. I like JFK, but I was just a young kid back then. Worst: No doubt, GW, what an idiot, he'd be funny if he wasnt so dangerous.

I never thought any president could be worse than Nixon and then along came Reagan. Then, when I thought no president could get any worse than senile ol' Reagan, along came G.W. Bush. He is worse than all the other bad presidents combined!

As for the best president, that is a difficult question. The U.S. has had an aggressive, imperialist agenda globally for most of my lifetime. Thousands of Cuban citizens have been murdered by U.S.-sponsored terrorism approved by every president since Kennedy. Kennedy also started our criminal war in Vietnam that exterminated almost four million Vietnamese civilians, 1 million Laotians, and 1 million Cambodians. Since Vietnam, every president has engaged in similar terroristic campaigns against vastly smaller and weaker nations in order to gain access to their resources. And now, of course, we have the American Empire's latest bloodbaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. Even so-called peacenik, Jimmy Carter, ordered acts of terrorist aggression against various nations during his time in office. Nonetheless, if I have to pick a best president during my lifetime, it would be Carter as he committed the least number of crimes against humanity during his term.

For the worst it is difficult to say if it was W. or Nixon. I do think that Carter is one of the best presidents.... after his term was over. His work with Habitat for Humanity and the Carter Center and his other efforts for peace are to be commended.

The best - Franklin Delano Roosevelt Lead the country through two great crises, successful with both.

The worst - Hard to tell just yet, but George W. Bush and Richard Milhous Nixon are kind of in a tie.

Best-Abe Lincoln

Worst-Bush's

Source(s): Watching Bush, "beat around the bush"!!!!!