Does having Aspergers Syndrome make me a freak??

I know this seems a very banarl question but I feel sad having Aspergers Syndrome. It's a condition where I don't understand verbal instructions, get upset a lot, comprehensive vocabulary etc. But people say that people with autism are very bright, but in what sense? Loads of people say I'm a very bright and... show more I know this seems a very banarl question but I feel sad having Aspergers Syndrome. It's a condition where I don't understand verbal instructions, get upset a lot, comprehensive vocabulary etc.
But people say that people with autism are very bright, but in what sense?

Loads of people say I'm a very bright and kind girl and my parents and friends adore me so much, but on some occasions, I get frustrated because there are certain things I think I cannot do.
I used to get teased at school by some nasty people (they were expelled afterwards anyway) and they called me a retard because I didn't know how to do pie in maths (which IS very hard) and do multiplication sums and long division, but maths has always been my weakness and many others, so why exactly is that a laughing matter?
They used to jeer at me for all sorts of things and I got so terribly depressed. My friends told them to f off and leave me alone and told them that I have aspergers syndrome and it's a serious condition which should not be made fun of and I cannot help it. It's just the way I was born. I am not severely autistic just a very mild version. I act like a normal person.
But then they called me a freak because I have aspergers. I am no different to everyone else whatsoever! I have feelings as well.

My family all say that I have nothing to be ashamed of, because aspergers makes me special. But I don't feel that way.
A lot of autisitc people are quite ugly, although that is not a nice thing to say, but it's part of their condition so they cannot help it. I sometimes feel like that, but people point out that I'm very beautiful on the inside and outside. Some can't even talk. I am very lucky to be one who can talk properly and nicely, and what my parents and friends point out is that I'm very sweet-tempered. I am very rarely angry but I get sad. Hormones always make you sad, but when you have a condition it's even worse.

I see things differently, there's my own world and everyone elses'.
But some simple things I feel I can't do and I feel I'm useless even though I'm not.

What does Aspergers Syndrome mean to you?
For me, some reasons, it makes me insecure and vulnerable. And sad as well.
Update: I have plenty of friends and I am so happy to be with them as they will always keep by my side. I am usually very happy but sometimes just having a condition makes me feel sad.
Update 2: I am really good at other things like Drama, RSPCA, Animals, Biology, Catering, Art, Histroy etc. Work - I work at a Disney store, Theatre, studio.
Those are some of my strengths.
Update 3: I'm also a sporty person as well.
Update 4: Thank you everyone. Your commetns are so understanding. :)
Update 5: I also have a Special Statement for Special Needs organised by SEN CO.
Update 6: I also have a Special Statement for Special Needs organised by SEN CO.
Update 7: I also have a Special Statement for Special Needs organised by SEN CO.
Update 8: Sorry. Didn't mean to post three!