How do you breastfeed in front of other people??

I am having my baby in a few days and plan to breastfeed but the idea of doing it in front of my family and stuff kinda bothers me, even my mom and my boyfriend. I also heard its one of those things you need to get the hang of at first so I don't know how discreet you can be trying to figure out how to get the baby... show more I am having my baby in a few days and plan to breastfeed but the idea of doing it in front of my family and stuff kinda bothers me, even my mom and my boyfriend. I also heard its one of those things you need to get the hang of at first so I don't know how discreet you can be trying to figure out how to get the baby to latch right. Everyone is so anxious to see the baby that I am afraid I won't really get the privacy I need. I know it won't be so bad at home because we can always go to her room, I don't plan to have to take her visiting to everyone elses house, if they want to see her they can come to mine.
After breastfeeding for a little while does this feeling go away any? Are you not as nervous around other people? Part of me feels bad that when people are around to visit the baby that I would have to go to another room or ask them to step out so I can feed her but I don't know what else to do at this point..
I am not one of those people who ever minded women breastfeeding in public places.. honestly it doesn't offend me. Its ridiculous that half naked women can be all over the place, people will get all huffy about a woman breastfeeding in public but the girls gone wild commercial on public television is no big deal... I don't know why people would think its so hard to explain to a child either if they saw it... its a mommy feeding her baby... no different than if they saw any other mammal doing it... So why does everyone else have such a problem if the mother is comfortable enough to do it in public?