Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

Did you watch the democratic convention tonight?

If so what did you think of Michelle's speech? I was spellbound and very surprised

• DeeJay
    Best Answer

No.

I sat on my porch with my hubby and daughter.

Enjoyed coffee and donuts.

We still have months of this BS. If I wanted to watch a production, I would watch a play or a movie.

I'm waiting for the real stuff.

Too may gullible people getting warm and fuzzy over a directed production of lies.

I have lived through the last 12 Presidents.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Harry S. Truman

Dwight D. Eisenhower

John F. Kennedy

Lyndon Baines Johnson

Richard M. Nixon

Gerald R. Ford

James Earl Carter, Jr.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

George Bush

William Clinton

George W Bush

Too soon to dwell on it.

DeeJay.

I even have not watched something so a techniques.. purely heard some excerpts on the information.. a lot mendacity, it makes me sick. although i will observe what Obama has to assert, i do no longer assume to hearken to something new.. the guy has no new idieas.. it is going to easily be empty delivers and greater blame.. yet i think i'd desire to observe it.. purely so i understand what horrors he has planned for this usa if elected. God help me, i'm hoping he's no longer... yet i'm fearfell if he's!

• TRAF

Nope; the whole thing is pretty much a forgone conclusion, a formality. We've heard all of the speeches over the last couple of years, and the convention will be more of the same. We don't know much about Obama. On the other hand we knew little of G. W. Bush, and look what we got.

No--I'll just watch Obama's speech, and just McCain's speech--what the others have to say means very little to me--including both potential first ladies.

• SME

Great first night with Teddy and Michelle.

• doxie

Yes. I did. I loved her speech, she is a eloquent speaker and seems like a strong women.

She gave a great speech. She really loves this country and her family. I though it was really wonderful to hear her speak.

Source(s): I watched it.

I heard bits and pieces of it, and it sounded very down to earth and personable. Not stuffy and snobby.

Yes.

I loved it and teared up!!! I think she's the next first lady and with a lot of class and intelligence!!!!