is it legal to carry a knife?

I'm 14 years old, and live in hawaii. is it legal for me to carry around at least a small crappy pocket knife?

• Moore
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

Pocket knives are legal to carry in Hawaii at any age as long as you do not take it to school. There is no length limit named in law.

I'm not exactly sure where people are getting this "survival purposes" thing from, because it's not true. I have a copy of the law linked to below to back up my answer.

So called dirks and daggers are not legal to carry, generally interpreted as all fixed blade knives. However, an exception exists for knifes that are being used as tools, like dive knives.

Hawaii Case Law:

- "'Other deadly or dangerous weapon' is limited to instruments whose sole design and purpose is to inflict bodily injury or death... A 'diver's knife' is neither a 'dangerous weapon' nor a 'dagger'. 'Deadly and dangerous weapon' is one designed primarily as a weapon or diverted from normal use and prepared for combat...

• gener

Knife Laws In Hawaii

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

is it legal to carry a knife?

Source(s): legal carry knife: https://biturl.im/KON5X
  • C J

Laws vary significantly by state, but if I recall correctly, in Hawaii you may only carry a knife if intending to use it for survival purposes, not every day use.

Most likely it is not legal at your age anyhow. Best thing to do is to call your local police department and ask them. They wont judge you, just say you want to be sure on what the laws are.

• Beau R

CJ's Answer is really the best, but I carry one everyday, and consider it as a survival tool.

you are only 14.

do not carry a knife.

carry a slingshot like david did.

he was super tough and stuff.

I know those anglo saxon tourists can be arrogant and insulting, but resorting to violence will mean jail time.