I'm 20 years now, Medicare doesn't cover me no more, how could I apply for it?

Favorite Answer

You say it doesn't cover you anymore, so I'm assuming that you've been on Medicaid for at least the past several years. To my knowledge, it stops covering people when they are no longer eligible for it, so I don't really see the point of re-applying. You probably qualified because your parents met eligibility to have their children covered. But now that you are 20 years old and presumably on your own, you most likely won't qualify for it anymore. But I guess give it a try..all they can say is no.

Here's another idea though: try to find a job that offers health insurance. A 20 year old guy (barring any major medical problems, which I doubt you have) can get a plan for very cheap. Heck, a healthy 20 year old guy can get a private plan thats cheap. Go talk to a local insurance agent who can help find the right plan for you. You're 20 now, take some responsibility for your own healthcare and don't expect others to.

• Lori

I think you are confusing medicare with medicaid. Medicare is for seniors, totally disabled or blind.

If you google your state+medicaid, you should find the state's link for medicaid. On it you will find eligibility requirements and info on how to apply. Some states require that you be pregnant, have children or meet the federal guideline for disability. You do not qualify simply because you don't have enough income and don't have health insurance.

At your age right now in America, to apply for "it" you have to get job with a company that offers group coverage or talk to an insurance agent to get an individual health policy.

It don't come easy or free.

Well, when you're 65, if you've paid into it long enough, you can apply.

Right now, you're probably looking for welfare health insurance - which is MEDICAID. You go to your local social services office to apply.

• car253

Do you mean your 20 years old? Or you had Medicare for 20 years?

Or do you mean Medi-Cal? Please give more details.