aMarie asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What are your favorite Movie lines?

What is your absolute favorite movie line? Something that is classic and could be used forever. Or something that just struck you as absolutely hilarious!

:-)

• Doug
    Favorite Answer

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ***...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

-Roddy Piper in "They Live"

"They're coming outta the walls! They're coming outta the goddamn walls!"

-Bill Paxton in Aliens

"This town needs an enema!" Jack Nicholson as The Joker In Batman "You make me want to be a better man." Jack Nicholson to Helen Hunt in As Good As It Gets "Exit, stage right!" Snagglepuss "Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn!" Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind Favourite movie: The Last Emperor

• J

"Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t, in order to be comfortable? That's when you know you found someone really special, when you just shut the f*ck up for a minute and comfortably share silence."

-Uma Thurman, Pulp Fiction

I don't know why this one stands out to me so much but it's from The Breakfast Club and it goes

Stupid, worthless, no good god damn freeloading son of a b*tch, retarded, big mouth, know it all, a*shole, jerk....

you forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.....

shut up b*tch, go fix me turkey pot pie...

When ever I think of a movie quote, I always think of this one!

"laces out Dan" - Ace Ventura

"wellll first I would develope a motive. in this case, the man saw the size of the bugs dick and became insanely jealous. then i would lose thirty pounds PORKIN HIS WIFE" - Ace Ventura

" and leon is getting larger" - Airplane (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_dnfOaEX0

Youtube thumbnail

)

"I've been kidnapped by Kmart!"~Bette Midler upon hearing that hubby Danny De Vito has been haggling over her ransom with Judge Reinhold and Helen Slater in "Ruthless People"

'It's all in the reflexes."~Kurt Russell to Dennis Dun~twice~in "Big Trouble in Little China"

"We adventurers have a language all our own!"~Timi Curry as Jazebel Jack in "Pirates of the Plain"

"Tempus is fugiting!"~Jane Fonda to Cliff Robertson in "Sunday in New York"

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."~Clark Gable to Vivien Leigh in "Gone With the Wind"

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"~Peter Finch to his TV audience in "Network"

NOTE: "Network" is especially noteworthy because Peter Finch won the Best Actor Oscar~posthumously.

"You talkin' to me?!"~Jack Elam to James Garner in "Support Your Local Sheriff!"

NOTE: This is seven years before Robert De Niro said it in "Taxi Driver"!

"You talkin' to me?"~Jack Nicholson repeatedly in "The Shooting"

NOTE: This is NINE years prior to "Taxi Driver"!

"My mother and I have come to an understanding. We have agreed not to understand each other."

Renee Zellweger to Emily Watson in "Miss Potter"

"Remember! Perfection is a road, not a destination."~Joel Grey to Fred Ward in "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins"

"Do you know why Americans call it fast food? Because it speeds them to their grave."~Joel Grey to Fred Ward in "RW: TAB"

"You're the sweetest hunk of sugar that I've ever seen" Johnny Depp in Cry-Baby. That stuck in my head just because I wish he'd been saying it to me.

• Adam C

"Life is pain! If anyone tells you different, they're trying to tell you something." - The Princess Bride

The broken clock is right, two times a day... -- Fracture..

"this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." -dark knight