Can I accept gay marriage and be a good Christian?

I'm really worried, because my family and many people at my church are very concerned about gay marriage being legalized. They think it's one of the worst sins and that letting gay people get married is justifying their behavior and leading to the destruction of the country. I have been told that as a... show more I'm really worried, because my family and many people at my church are very concerned about gay marriage being legalized. They think it's one of the worst sins and that letting gay people get married is justifying their behavior and leading to the destruction of the country.

I have been told that as a Christian, I am defying God for being okay with gay marriage.

I just don't see why other people's lives are my business. One of the cool things about America is that we have freedom. Laws are supposed to protect us from being killed or robbed, not to make sure that we all follow the Bible.

Plus, I know some gay people and they're really nice. Maybe they sin, but so do I.

Am I really defying God?