R&P : favourite, second favourite, fifth favourite band / artist / song...?

Okay R&P, can someone *PLEASE* explain to me what is with this sudden outbreak of questions asking people to answer with their ‘second favourite’ or ‘third favourite’ or ‘fifth favourite’? Why do people believe that favourites are ‘singular’? That everything can be ‘sectioned’ into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc? And... show more Okay R&P, can someone *PLEASE* explain to me what is with this sudden outbreak of questions asking people to answer with their ‘second favourite’ or ‘third favourite’ or ‘fifth favourite’?

Why do people believe that favourites are ‘singular’? That everything can be ‘sectioned’ into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc?

And just how are those of us with *equal* favourites supposed to answer such questions?

Yes folks, it annoys me. I refuse to choose between my equal favourites, but then feel very left-out about answering these often fun-looking questions.
I really felt the need to have a rant about it!

MQ : Songs about favouritism / favourites?
Update: ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
It seems we have a TD troll infestation this evening...
Update 2: ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Darth :
I like lists, too :)

Vicky :
That's the problem. For me, there is no such thing as a 'top favourite'. They are all *equal*.
Update 3: ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Right, I did *NOT* ask this question so people could start insulting one another. To whoever e-mailed Vicky : Using my Q as a reason to insult someone is guaranteed to annoy me... ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Vicky : Actually, some of us do find the... show more ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Right, I did *NOT* ask this question so people could start insulting one another.

To whoever e-mailed Vicky :
Using my Q as a reason to insult someone is guaranteed to annoy me...

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Vicky :
Actually, some of us do find the idea of 'first favourite'-'second favourite'-'third favourite' etc, to be rather childish, as it is just like the 'best friend'-'second best friend'-fifth best friend' mentallity of primary school...

Also, I must say that as The Madness Within was not directing their comment at you, it is your response to that comment which comes across as being rude.