Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What is the recipe for Kahuku Shrimp?

We lived on Oahu for a few years and every time we went to North Shore we had to stop at the Kahuku Shrimp Shacks. Of course everyone has their favorites and ours was the Blue Water Shrimp Shack by the antique shop and shrimp farms.

Now the only problem is I live in the Mainland, and can not find a recipe for this shrimp any where!!!!

Doesn't matter which shrimp shack its from just any Kahuku Garlic Shrimp recipe would be great!

Here is a picture of the shrimp they served...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/Shortperson20...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/Shortperson20...

Update:

Ok sorry I forgot to add that this recipe does not have any sort of veggies in it.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
  • wexler
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Kahuku Shrimp Recipe

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the recipe for Kahuku Shrimp?

We lived on Oahu for a few years and every time we went to North Shore we had to stop at the Kahuku Shrimp Shacks. Of course everyone has their favorites and ours was the Blue Water Shrimp Shack by the antique shop and shrimp farms.

Now the only problem is I live in the Mainland, and can not...

Source(s): recipe kahuku shrimp: https://biturl.im/m3oZW
  • 4 years ago

Shrimp and Pasta: (might seem like a lot, but it is made in 15-20mins.) olive oil (1 tsp. about) 1 tables. butter 3 cloves of chopped garlic Shrimp Linguini 1 C. Dry Vermouth Wine 3 tablespoons Paprika Chopped Parsley Sharp Chedder Cheese (white) (Grated) Dishes that can go under the broiler *note: these amounts change depending on how many you make this for* Cover pan with olive oil and butter and sautee garlic until cooked. Added the wine to the pan over medium heat and let the alcohol cook out. Then added the paprika to pan and mix it together. Then add the shrimp (perferably big shrimp) to the pan and cook just until they turn pink and take out and put in a bowl. (the sauce should yield enough to add to the pasta later) Boil Linguini until al dente. Once cooked put linguini on each person's plate and put about 5 shrimp on top of the linguini. Put chopped parsley and grated cheese on top of the pasta and shrimp (as much or less parsley and cheese according to your taste). Then the sauce of olive oil, paprika and Vermouth, take that as it should be reduced and put 2 tablespoons of sauce over the pasta. Turn on broiler and once it is hot, put the dishes one by one into the over and broil until cheese is melted on top.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aU9T5

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• 1 decade ago

Just wanted to respond back to your answers on my fashion question: Thank you so much for the links. I really appreciate it.

I wish I could help you with the shrimp thing but all I can say is that there's garlic in there. :-p

Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

• 1 decade ago

2 lbs Kahuku shrimp, ground

1/2 teaspoon garlic minced

1/4 cup onion minced

1/2 cup carrots grated

2 Tbsp honey

1/4 teaspoon cilantro chopped fine

3 eggs

2 cups Panko or bread crumbs

Mix ground shrimp, garlic, onion, carrots, honey, cilantro, and eggs thoroughly and form into small patties. Roll in Panko and saute in a pan with your choice of olive or vegetable oil until browned.

Garnish with thinly sliced cabbage and arugula lettuce leaves

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.