ANTIDEPRESSANT OR DEPRESSION RELATED SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION: Occurs often: Ginkgo Biloba is recommended to help counteract it, and Damiana to increase libido (sex drive). If unavailable locally in Australia, there is a product in supermarket vitamin & supplement shelves called Horny Goat Weed. View www.theroadback.org/
An SNRI, such as Wellbutrin, if taken alone, is said to often not produce sexual dysfunction, or take away the ability to achieve orgasm.
Serzone is also reputed to have less sexual dysfunction, but check out the risks and side effects first at http://www.drugs.com and http://www.rxlist.com
Thanks must go to Opester for the following: Very common on any of the SSRI's-Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Luvox, etc.
You can try a couple things to resolve it:
1) Try Periactin (Cyproheptadine) a few hours prior to having relations-it's an antihistamine that is generic and inexpensive, but I believe it requires a Rx. It works for some people, but not all. You need about 4mg usually.
2) Ask your doc to add Wellbutrin-it often is prescribed to help with this side effect and is usually effective, but can add some other side effects (like sweating) but not everyone gets side effects.
3) Reduce the dosage or try a drug holiday occasionally, but check with your doc before decreasing.
4) Men can try Yohimbine or Viagra/Cialis if not otherwise contraindicated.
5) Try another SSRI-not all produce the side effect in every person. You can also try Cymbalta or Effexor which are both combined SSRI/SNRI and tend to diminish this side effect (similar to adding Wellbutrin).