What kind of country music do you like?

You may like them all, but I'm wanting to know which is your FAVORITE type of country music.

Traditional (classic) Country

Bluegras

Modern Country.

Outlaw Country

or something I didn't mention? Personally I'm hooked with outlaw country with Willie Nelson and Merle. How bout you?

Favorite Answer

You left out Western (e.g., Sons of the Pioneers, Riders in the Sky) and Western Swing (e.g., Bob Wills, Hank Thompson). Also, "old-time" country is different from "traditional" country -- that's the early era of country, people like Jimmie Rodgers, the Carter Family, the Delmore Brothers, Uncle Dave Macon, etc., where the artists basically just accompanied themselves without a band.

I like everything except modern country. Modern country isn't country, it's rock & roll or pop. (Honestly, I passed the "country" station at the state fair the other day, and there was a rock and roll song coming out of its speakers -- and the station and their sponsorship were noticeably absent from the concert featuring classic country artists like Jim Ed Brown and Bobby Bare!) Also, "modern country" is the only era of "country" music that is totally closed to the various sub-genres of country. Case in point: in the 60s, you could turn on a country station and hear "Rocky Top" (bluegrass), "Waitin' in Your Welfare Line" (honky tonk), "Blue Side of Lonesome" (Nashville sound), "Galvaston" (pop/rock), "Diggy Liggy Lo" (Cajun), and Leapy Lee's "Little Arrows" (pop crossover). I dare you to find that kind of variety today!

Make mine Real Country-True Country only Classic Country

Real Country (Not this fake, eye candy stuff they have out now)

But I love Traditional Country, Bluegrass, and some Outlaw.

• Me

If I had to choose one I guess I would say Traditional,but I like all kinds of country including modern country and red dirt. I like a variety of country.. A lil of everything, but not all of anything.

I think the variety that country has right now is the reason why it's so popular.It has a little something for everyone, which you won't currently find in other genres of music.

Traditional & Classic

This New Country Pop & Rock Crap

Ain't Country!!!

Real Country, Bluegrass and a lot of early country that bordered on Rockabilly!

Outlaw & Traditional

My answer is the same as Isawmarty.I hate what these kids are doing to country music. That kind of stuff should be banned.

Classic Country Sadly Chicago does not have any stations that play it

• meg09

Traditional. I don't think that most modern country is real country music.