As a Teenager is it normal to feel at times sad for no reason?

i have my Moments were i feel just sad not Depressed just sad and i just want to stay by Myself is that normal

• Favorite Answer

Teens face a lot of pressure-grades, friends, parents, trying to fit in. It's completely normal, even if you can't pinpoint the exact reason. However, if you start to feel withdrawn, have problems at school, become extra sensitive or aggressive and angry your depression might be getting serious.

If you feel this way, tell your parents, there's superior help out there.

Being a teen is a trying ordeal, spending time to yourself is sometimes a great escape from pressures. But if you become too withdrawn you may be slipping in too deep.

Source(s): Former teen who had depression
  • Saram

Yes thats normal. When you are a teenager you have a lot of strong emotions and theres lots of changes and hormones going on in your body and your getting to grips with the world, etc. It can be a difficult time. The problem is if those sad moments start to happen all the time in which case I'd recommend you tell your parents if you haven't already and maybe go to the doctors. Exercise helps people to feel better and release happy chemicals in the brain so perhaps try doing some and also take vitamin supplements and eat a healthy diet with lots of natural stuff in (fruit and veg). In fact if you feel able and haven't already I would tell your parents how you feel now as a problem shared is a problem halved as they say.

Well it is very common at this age range to feel this way. We go through many many changes and sometimes don't know how to deal with them. Although it is normal you should talk to an adult you know you can trust just in case. Be careful though because it may lead to depression, that's where the adult comes in. Try to distract yourself with fun/happy things maybe that'll help a while. Find a hobby or something you can do as part of your routine. *one last thing try not to take everything so seriously at this point, even though you may feel it's the hardest thing in the world it is not and everything has a solution.

Yes, it is normal to feel like that sometimes, but it it is happening once or a couple times a week it could be something more drastic than teen hormones, like depression. If you are concerned about yourself or a friend you should talk to someone about it.

I have a lot of moments like those (probably more than I should). I think it's normal; I think it's just our hormones being weird. I know my friends have days like those, too. However, if you think it's serious, you should talk to someone.

not sure if it's normal, but I feel that way sometimes. I'll even eat lunch alone at school because of it. I haven't really felt like that at all lately, but last year I really had a problem with it.

it is normal if your a teenager but only up to a certain extent

Source(s): personal experience

That's Ridiculous.

yeah it happens to every1