Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 decade ago

How long does an ach payment take to clear your bank account?

I payed HSBC and their records showed $34.00 was taken out on 08/19/08 but my own bank has not shown the deduction yet. I am pretty sure HSBC got paid because their records show standard payment. I am thinking that my bank took $34.00 out of someone else account or they goofed and lost it. Local branch customer service said wait tell Monday.

Update. My bank told me to wait a couple of more days. I am tired of waiting. I did call HSBC, they actually have the money. So, I am wandering if the Federal Reserve lost it or my bank lost it.

Favorite Answer

HSBC has processed the ACH on there end, you should see it come our of your account in a couple of days. I wouldn't worry just yet, if it is not out by Monday I would call them and double check what account number they w/d the funds from.. just to verify.

Depends. I have seen it vary from 1 to 4 days. If your payment is posted at HSBC, you don't have to worry about it. It will be deducted from your bank very soon. If not, it's their problem, not yours./

It varies. Sometimes it clears one day later, and sometimes it is three or four days.