Can you refinance a house with bad credit?

My mom wants too, but she has bad credit. She's cleaning it up at the moment, but it's a bit expensive so it may take a few months. But, is there any way to possibly do that and would there be any high interst rates because of her credit? (Don't ask how it got bad because I honestly don't know. And she doesn't know... show more My mom wants too, but she has bad credit. She's cleaning it up at the moment, but it's a bit expensive so it may take a few months. But, is there any way to possibly do that and would there be any high interst rates because of her credit? (Don't ask how it got bad because I honestly don't know. And she doesn't know her credit score, just that it isn't very good)
Update: Money's a bit tight (and I'm starting college next fall), but I'm pretty sure that things starting going downhill in November when she was in the hospital. She missed some checks and things just snowballed from there.
Update 2: And, would it help if she had a co-signer? Her fiance is willing to do that, his credit isn't perfect, but it's better than hers.