Shilo
Shilo asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Are you surprised to learn that Israel allowed the two boats of activists to pass through the blockade ?

"Liberty" and "Free Gaza"

Matloob: .....but are you surprised?

Love from Iran: ......but are you surprised?

Favorite Answer

Israel was actually threatening to attack them but they backed down because of all the media attention and the phone calls. There was some sabotauge; someone jammed their positioning device but they found their way to Gaza without it. There are moments when God just makes it easy for people. I guess Israel figured it would make LESS of a media splash if the boat landed safely, than if they drowned some 85 year old holocaust survivor and Tony Blair's sister-in-law, etc.

• ?

I will answer your question. No, I'm not really surprised because I think that it would not be worth the bad publicity for Israel to have stopped it (even if they had wanted to). I mean, it's an isolated thing.

No, i'm not surprised. God is great and he could do anything that impossible to ordinary mind.

• a little bit i guess...but i don't think israel would do anything like this with out having an angle to it..