promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Shilo
Lv 7
Shilo asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Are you surprised to learn that Israel allowed the two boats of activists to pass through the blockade ?

"Liberty" and "Free Gaza"

Update:

Matloob: .....but are you surprised?

Update 2:

Love from Iran: ......but are you surprised?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel was actually threatening to attack them but they backed down because of all the media attention and the phone calls. There was some sabotauge; someone jammed their positioning device but they found their way to Gaza without it. There are moments when God just makes it easy for people. I guess Israel figured it would make LESS of a media splash if the boat landed safely, than if they drowned some 85 year old holocaust survivor and Tony Blair's sister-in-law, etc.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I will answer your question. No, I'm not really surprised because I think that it would not be worth the bad publicity for Israel to have stopped it (even if they had wanted to). I mean, it's an isolated thing.

• 1 decade ago

No, i'm not surprised. God is great and he could do anything that impossible to ordinary mind.

• a little bit i guess...but i don't think israel would do anything like this with out having an angle to it..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.