Which mathematical pun is the funniest? (for my pre-calc class)?

i have to make a bumper sticker with some sort of math joke and right now, i cant decide between these:

"mathematical puns are the first sine of madness."

"i am a nobody; nobody is perfect. therefore i am perfect." (transitive property).

"blackhole: where God divided by zero"

"the probability of someone watching you is proportinal to the stupidity of your action."

if you have any other good ones, please help.

i read a LOT more, but narrowed down to these four.

*proportional

lol no i found them online.

im not THAT creative.

Best Answer

first one - and maybe a piece of advice you could take to heart

what about: I wish you were sin^2 and I was cos^2 so together we would be one? my god I'm so lame

I guess I could learn from 1 too

• Sheryl

Only the first ("Mathematical puns are a sine of madness") is in fact a pun, and a very good one too. A pun is a play on words where the words can sound alike but have different meanings (sine vs sign). Freud wrote an entire book about humor including puns. He claimed that a 'good' pun stressed a person who had to guess the true meaning and laughter helped relieve the stress. Poor puns used sound-alike words but without much wit (1/2 wit?). Ha Ha Ha. Bennet Cerf was a famous punster who was locked into a closet at a party. He banged on the door, "O-pun the door! O-pun the door!"

• Eric

The first one

The probability of someone watching you is proportinal to the stupidity of your action.

That is so true

1st one

hahaha (:

i love the first one!

did you make these up ?

lol... i never knew math could be funny.