POLL: Red light cameras...?

Good or bad? I mean, maybe they will make people more aware of the dangers of running red lights....but don't you think that they are unfair? Should they be used for enforcement, or do you think they are there just to create revenues for the city? Perhaps they should put up warning signs that the intersection is... show more Good or bad? I mean, maybe they will make people more aware of the dangers of running red lights....but don't you think that they are unfair? Should they be used for enforcement, or do you think they are there just to create revenues for the city? Perhaps they should put up warning signs that the intersection is being filmed. Wouldn't THAT make the intersection MORE safe instead of preying off unsuspecting motorists "waiting" to take the secret photo?

Just like in some places I've been....some police departments park a patrol car on the side of the road with a dummy in it. Hey, makes people slow down without getting a ticket. THAT'S what good public safety is all about. Curtailing the problem before it happens...not cashing in on by letting people break the law first.