Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Socks.. There are three different types of Socks.?

Low Cut Socks.

Crew Socks.

Ankle socks.

Do all these 3 have different purpose/use?

I mean when to wear Ankle or Crew or Low cut socks.

Also tell me when we go for a formal interview, what kind of socks we wear and what is the paticular name for them.

Favorite Answer

There is another kind of socks - KNEE socks. And - when you go for a formal interview - that is exactly what you wear. When dressing formally - men should wear socks that go all the way to their knee and stay there. That way - there is NO CHANCE of bare leg skin showing.

"When wearing a suit you should never wear anything except a sock that goes up to your knee and stays there. Never."

I remember a male room mate sharing that with me - as he read it in some "Dress for Success" book.

Low cut socks are usually worn with shorts - and are currently much more stylish to wear with shorts than crew socks.

Dark colored crew socks or ankle socks - shouldn't be worn with shorts. People will laugh at you.

Crew socks are worn with jeans or dockers. I think that crew socks and ankle socks are basically the same - except crew socks tend to have more of an athletic look to them.

When wearing dress slacks you could wear ankle socks. But again - there is that chance of a bare leg being shown - and you don't want that.

Of course - I think all of this is ridiculous. A sock has a function which is to keep your foot clean and comfortable in a shoe. If you are not concerned about what society and fashion deems "necessary" - then wear whatever kind of socks you want to wear - whenever you want to wear them. Even two different colors!!!

• pinet

Types Of Socks

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Low Cut Socks.

Crew Socks.

Ankle socks.

Source(s): socks types socks: https://tr.im/3hk7l
  • Joanne

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axunz

A lot of guys just struggle when they're first called up. Also partly because Kalish as well as Lars Anderson still have work to do in the minors; they're getting a feel for the big leagues right now but I'm guessing they start next year back down in Pawtucket. They aren't quite yet ready to be every-day major-league players, which could be a reason for the less than impressive numbers, which isn't unusual - Dustin Pedroia had a rough time and batted below .200 when he was called up in September, but what happened the next year when he was a regular starting player? Kalish has shown a lot of potential and I'm sure he'll be a good consistent every-day player in a year or two. And I think at one point or another different players have come up big, though obviously no one's had a ROY-type season (and I haven't heard one Red Sox fan say that.....) But the guys you mentioned, along with Billy Hall - they've helped the team a lot this year. And not just rookies, Hall and McDonald have arguably been their two most consistent fill-ins. McDonald has 9 home runs, 9 sacrifice hits, 9 outfield assists, and 9 stolen bases; he does it all. All these guys have definitely gotten more playing time than was planned for with all the injuries and they're all contributed in one way or another.

Low cut socks are for a hanging out cool kinda look ankle = casual and for an interview wear crew but you won't see them if your wearing pants..which you should be doing.

type of socks men’s socks, ladies socks, ladies socks India, cheap black socks, slack socks, work socks, cotton socks, boys socks, casual socks, winter socks, designer socks, pattern socks, sport socks, outdoor socks, work wear socks, black cotton socks, winter socks manufacturer, socks shop, argyle socks manufacturer, work socks for men, best work socks, flake ladies socks, red cotton socks, organic cotton socks, girls cotton socks, women’s winter socks