Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Who was Khidher (as), how his knowledge was more than the Prophet of the time, Musa pbuh?

Ala inna Auliya Allahi la khaufun a'laehim wa la hum yahzanoon

Favorite Answer

The Qur'an talks about him in Surat Al-Kahf in these verses (what means):

018.065 So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught knowledge from Our own Presence.

018.066 Moses said to him: "May I follow thee, on the footing that thou teach me something of the (Higher) Truth which thou hast been taught?"

018.067 (The other) said: "Verily thou wilt not be able to have patience with me!"

018.068 "And how canst thou have patience about things about which thy understanding is not complete?"

018.069 Moses said: "Thou wilt find me, if Allah so will, (truly) patient: nor shall I disobey thee in aught."

018.070 The other said: "If then thou wouldst follow me, ask me no questions about anything until I myself speak to thee concerning it."

018.071 So they both proceeded: until, when they were in the boat, he scuttled it. Said Moses: "Hast thou scuttled it in order to drown those in it? Truly a strange thing hast thou done!"

018.072 He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"

018.073 Moses said: "Rebuke me not for forgetting, nor grieve me by raising difficulties in my case."

018.074 Then they proceeded: until, when they met a young man, he slew him. Moses said: "Hast thou slain an innocent person who had slain none? Truly a foul (unheard of) thing hast thou done!"

018.075 He answered: "Did I not tell thee that thou canst have no patience with me?"

018.076 (Moses) said: "If ever I ask thee about anything after this, keep me not in thy company: then wouldst thou have received (full) excuse from my side."

018.077 Then they proceeded: until, when they came to the inhabitants of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused them hospitality. They found there a wall on the point of falling down, but he set it up straight. (Moses) said: "If thou hadst wished, surely thou couldst have exacted some recompense for it!"

018.078 He answered: "This is the parting between me and thee: now will I tell thee the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience.

018.079 "As for the boat, it belonged to certain men in dire want: they plied on the water: I but wished to render it unserviceable, for there was after them a certain king who seized on every boat by force.

018.080 "As for the youth, his parents were people of Faith, and we feared that he would grieve them by obstinate rebellion and ingratitude (to Allah and man).

018.081 "So we desired that their Lord would give them in exchange (a son) better in purity (of conduct) and closer in affection.

018.082 "As for the wall, it belonged to two youths, orphans, in the Town; there was, beneath it, a buried treasure, to which they were entitled: their father had been a righteous man: So thy Lord desired that they should attain their age of full strength and get out their treasure - a mercy (and favour) from thy Lord. I did it not of my own accord. Such is the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience."

Al-Qur'an, 018.065-082 (Al-Kahf [The Cave])

There they found one of Our servants (Khizr) whom We had blessed with special favor from Ourselves and whom We had given special knowledge of Our own. (Surah Al-Kahf: Ayah:65)

Assalaamu alaikum

Please read the tafseer by ibn Katheer on Surah Kahf (surah 18). This should answer your question. Here is the link

http://abdurrahman.org/qurantafseer/ibnkathir/inde...

Source(s): Quran and Sunnah with the Understanding of the Salaf
  • Y!A

he was one of the Saliheen, yes Musa (as) thought he was the knower among people but Allah (swt) told him about Khidr (as) that he knows more, so the famous journey and its story began,,