Which species of animal was made extinct by Noah's sacrifice after the flood?

Or was there more than one?

20 And Noah built an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Maybe it was the unicorn since there don't seem to be any around now?

Job 39:9-12: Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? Canst thou bind the unicorn with band in the furrow?

Psalms 29:6: He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Numbers 24:8: ...he hath as it were the strength of a unicorn

I don't know, Pastor A. I'm looking at Genesis 6:19 and Genesis 7:8, 9, 15 right now in another window and it pretty plainly says two each...

oufan, I am really worried for your immortal soul. How can you hope to be saved if you do not believe the Bible is the literal word of God? And how can you possibly use the "New" King James Version when any real Christian knows that only the original KJV is the inspired word? The original KJV says unicorns, and so that must be what they were!

Genesis 7:17 says "And the flood was forty days upon the earth." But then 7:24 says "And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days." Now 1up claims a whole year. (Maybe days lasted a different amount of time back then than they do now? I heard that sort of stuff happened in the bible...)

I sure remember forty days from Sunday school. Did little old Mrs. Whipple lie to me?

Gee, 1up, did you read the verses I quoted? I'm not sure YOU bothered to read the story at all.

• 1Up
    Favorite Answer

There were seven pairs of clean animals, and besides, he had been on the ark a year. The animals all would have whelped while on the ark.

Thus there would be litters from seven pairs of each "clean" animal and litters from 1 pair of each "unclean" animal. Thus sacrifice would not extinct any kind of animal.

Source(s): "I don't know, Pastor A. I'm looking at Genesis 6:19 and Genesis 7:8, 9, 15 right now in another window and it pretty plainly says two each..." Here is the scripture that you say does not exist: Gen 7:1 And Jehovah said to Noah, You and all your house come into the ark, for I have seen you righteous before Me in this generation. Gen 7:2 You shall take with you every clean animal by sevens, the male and female. And take two of the animals that are not clean, the male and female. Seven. Flip. Did you bother to read the story at all? * Child, they went through a door. They could not enter fourteen at a time. They entered the ark two at a time. They entered double-file. This really is not complicated. If I say, the children entered the room one-at-a-time, that means there was only one child? So, if they entered two-at-a-time? that does not mean there was only one pair of each, but only that one pair entered at a time. How is this difficult?

It did RAIN for 40 days. But the Bible shows that they were in the ark for a longer time than the forty days. There was time for the water to subside which took quite a bit longer.

So in actuality, using the dates and months given in the Bible account, Noah and his family were in the ark for one year and ten days.

There were clean animals as mentioned taken into the ark. Remember that Abel, Adam's son offered an animal as a sacrifice in his day. So there were customary animals used for sacrifices. And Noah would have known which animals he was to take extras of into the ark.

So no animals were sacrificed that caused an extinction.

EDIT:

May I ask what was the inspired word of God before 1611?

He only sacrificed one animal on an altar to the gods. No animals became extinct. The unicorn is really the Dead Sea wild ox.

A hippopotamus is a unicorn or uni horned animal.

Noah took seven each of all the clean animals on the ark with him.

So which ever animal he sacrificed, it would have been a clean one and the clean ones were already multiplying on the ark.

Source(s): 40+ years following a Jewish Carpenter & studying His Book!

Which Bible are you using exactly... In all 3 of those scriptures reffering to a "unicorn" the NKJV says "wild ox".

To answer your question:

I don't know.

Dino's LOL LOL LOL

YODA