Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Nintendo DS Touch Screen Problems?

My Nintendo DS touch screen doesn't seem to be working properly. When I touch the screen e.g pressing a letter, it actually presses something to the left of it? Why does this happen? Does the calibration on the DS help?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It's the calibration. Try seeing if something is stuck on the edges (crumbs, pencil led, paper, fuz, etc. Get a strong piece of paper (printing paper) and go to the very edges of the DS Touch Screen and go under them.

If problems persist...

1-800-255-3700

Nintendo Hotline- 24/7/364

Source(s): Nintendo Hotline 18002553700
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

yes it is the calibration

I recommend u calibrate it by going to the settings in ur DS and press calibrate... match each place it goes and it should be fixed. also remember this when playing a game that requires u to use the touch screen DO NOT PRESS IT HARD OR ROUGHLY but just soft and normal. Also it is recommended u use a stylus... using a pencil MAY damage it. if u lost a stylus u can go to gamestop and buy one. or just use a pen without the tip being out.

• 1 decade ago

the same thing happens to me! but i know why this happened to me: when i was little i played this one curling game on mario64ds and i went crazy with it, i pressed hard and i kinda messed up the area around it and i used a bunch of things other than the stylus. maybe that happened to u too?

• 1 decade ago

ya, make sure your DS is properly calibrated or it assumes ur hitting A when you wanna hit B

the reason for it is, your DS is inproperly calibrated

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yea the calibration does help a lot

• 1 decade ago

yes the calibration helps A LOT i recommend you do it ASAP.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.