AVG ruined my yahoo searchbar?

I installed AVG on my computer and enabled some kind of search bar scan. Now if i try and use the little search bar I never get good results if any. "Please enter a query string" I have uninstalled AVG and reinstalled it and it is still there. I then just uninstalled it and its still there. How do I get rid of this.

there is no option like that under view/toolbar, only lock toolbar, links, and menu bar

Best Answer

You must always read the installer information pages before just clicking yes or OK. It offers the option to NOT install this. go to view/toolbars and turn it off. Try again uninstalling ALL the AVG, including the option to remove all the extras. Watch the screen when re-installing. Do NOT use system restore for something this trivial, it can cause far worse problems, and should only be a last resort.

2

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?KPYO
  • Linds

When your install AVG, say no to install their search bar. That's what I did and I have no AVG toolbar. You just have to uncheck it, make sure to read everything as you go through it, so you don;t miss it.

click start,help and support.then do a system restore 2 b4 u installed avg,2 get rid of the toolbar do it through ur control panel,start,control panel,add and remove,then find it and delete it