AVG ruined my yahoo searchbar?

I installed AVG on my computer and enabled some kind of search bar scan. Now if i try and use the little search bar I never get good results if any. "Please enter a query string" I have uninstalled AVG and reinstalled it and it is still there. I then just uninstalled it and its still there. How do I get rid of this.

Update:

there is no option like that under view/toolbar, only lock toolbar, links, and menu bar

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You must always read the installer information pages before just clicking yes or OK. It offers the option to NOT install this. go to view/toolbars and turn it off. Try again uninstalling ALL the AVG, including the option to remove all the extras. Watch the screen when re-installing. Do NOT use system restore for something this trivial, it can cause far worse problems, and should only be a last resort.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?KPYO
  • Linds
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

When your install AVG, say no to install their search bar. That's what I did and I have no AVG toolbar. You just have to uncheck it, make sure to read everything as you go through it, so you don;t miss it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

click start,help and support.then do a system restore 2 b4 u installed avg,2 get rid of the toolbar do it through ur control panel,start,control panel,add and remove,then find it and delete it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.