escaped prison, and grand theft auto- how much time will he get?

my EX boyfriend was in jail. While he was in there, they took them out to do community service. He snuck off. (This was on the news.) After he snuck off, he stole a Mercades, and drove far away. They later found the car but not him. This happened a couple days ago and they still haven't found him. Once they find him, how much time do you think he'll get?

Favorite Answer

First he has to do the first sentence. He will be charged with escape in state court, provided he does not leave the state--in which case he would fall under federal fugitive warrant. Depends on your state statutes: in Michigan escape from jail is, I believe, two years, prison is five. If he is convicted of grand theft, he will do the time for that before he begins the escape time. Chances are, he will be gone for between 5 and 20 years. Best guesstimate.

Source(s): Did my time.

Give me your contact information & i will smuggle him for a low fee. I am a cop so i have all the tracking police equipment so he can dodge being caught. If he is caught he will get a doubling of any jail terms for having escaped.

Not enough.