Speaking of Noah's Flood, does a flood necessarily have to cover every hill and mountain?

When I was living near Mt Rainier in WA state, a piece of the glacier broke and went downstream and broke through 2 dams, the last one held. If it had broken all of them we would have had 30 minutes to evacuate every home in that valley because it would have flooded up to 50 feet, including mud. If a Flood is... show more When I was living near Mt Rainier in WA state, a piece of the glacier broke and went downstream and broke through 2 dams, the last one held. If it had broken all of them we would have had 30 minutes to evacuate every home in that valley because it would have flooded up to 50 feet, including mud. If a Flood is anything starting from 15-20 feet above... why would Noah's Flood need to cover Mt Everest? Why would the earth not have enough water to flood at least 1000 ft up? Remember, this probably happened during one of the warming of the ice-ages. Even Chicago, Illinois and the great lakes areas were 5 feet under water for a couple million years, is that a flood?

WHAT constitutes a FLOOD? WOuld a Flood have to be at least 6 feet deep for a few months to kill humans? I mean, what's the criteria here?
Update: The tallest mountain. Where? Israel? Thats like 1000 ft. And even then when you're in Jerusalem at that height.. Mt Olives looks like a 50 ft hill.
Update 2: The tallest mountain. Where? Israel? Thats like 1000 ft. And even then when you're in Jerusalem at that height.. Mt Olives looks like a 50 ft hill.
Update 3: My Submit button is being evil. :-)
Update 4: okay... 15 cubits... and each cubit is 2/3 of a foot.

9 feet? I'm bad at math so help me here.
Update 5: Pretty small mountains? Or maybe in the mountains it was flooding up 9 feet and didn't recede for months? Could kill off humans too with no food for months.
Update 6: I mean, after all, when Noah sent the dove out and it brought back a leaf, who knows, a tree survived... imagine that... so maybe it wasn't completely covered mountain tops?