Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

El Salvador husband here on TPS been married 4 years have 2 kids how can he get a green card?

My husband was braught to this country as a minor. He has been granted temporary protected status which he continually has to renew. We have been married for 4 years and have 2 young children. We would like to know how we can get him a permanant status here. The issue is that when he originally entered it was illegally, but her was a minor dragged by his father over the boarder. He was granted TPS many years ago and has followed every court order to the T. Never been in any trouble. EXCELLENT father to his girls, excellent husband to his wife and a hard working guy. He was so young when he came here that he doesn't know the first thing about El Salvador except that he doesn't want himself or his family to have to be there. Is there anything of a special case rule for a minor that was braught here, and has entered into the TPS when he turned 18 followed every order has always paid his taxes and who is more American that I am? We have been told he would likely have to go back to El Salvador apply to be able to come here and wait forever for them to decide if it's OK or not and likely because everyone and there brother wants to leave El Salvador that the waiting would meen missing his children grow up. If they ever order for him to go he will. He's not a law breaker. We want to do all we can to ensure the safety of our family and my husband's ability to remain here at home. Please let me know what we can do while he still has TPS to get him a permanant status or green card without having to leave the country.


Yes I am a US Citizen born and raised. Thanks for the info. Any chance that by filing these forms that he could be denied and then also loose his TPS?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Are you a US citizen?

    You file: I-130, I-864 and G-325A.

    Your husband files: I-485, I-131, I-765 and G-325A.

    File them all at the same time, in the same envelope. You can find the forms here.....

    The total cost to file is $1,365.

    He'll have his interview in about 6 months and he'll get his green card in the mail in about a year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.