Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

US | ATM Withdrawal Maximum Limit?

Hello,

Does anyone know which bank ATM in the US offers the maximum withdrawal in ONE transaction on a card from another bank.

The max I have withdrawn has been from a Wachovia ATM on my Citibank Card - $1000 in one transaction.

Is that the max, or anyone knows any other ATM that could give me more money at one time. I am in New Jersey.

I am trying to save ATM fees.

Favorite Answer

$1000 is pretty much the maximum limit set by all banks, this is a safety precaution. If you're trying to save on ATM fees just load a pre-paid card or use a travellers card (like travellers cheques) so that you don't have to run the risk of walking around with that kind of cash.

There is a limit of 6 drafts from any money market fund that is FDIC insured (per month). It is the law! Do you really think a bank like Chase would lie to you about this? Wrong information from a bank is usually from ignorance, not twisting the truth about federal regulations.

I wouldn't be walking around Jersey with $1000:)

More details needed

Was here on Yahoo for something unrelated, but this question was displayed on the sidebar...