Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Filipinos, what exactly is a Japayuki?

Know anyone who is?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Japayuki is a slang term coined in the 90s since most of the clubs in Japan are in dire need of entertainers. Most Japanese club owners like Filipinos for being hard working, flexible, and rarely complains!

Most Filipinas are tagged as 'Japayuki' if they are known to be working in Japan. I think that's one reason why some would even tell that they have gone to a different country but not Japan. Though, time has changed and with the emergence of most electronics, beauty products, and anime; I think most have a different view of Japan now.

FYI, in Japan if you work as a Japayuki or a Hosto/Josto (male counterpart of Japayukis), you are to work as just an entertainer. As in you are just to sing, dance, any performance, or talk to guests. GROs there are not like the GROs here, not unless they have agreed to provide those service.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Me...studied, worked, and lived in Tokyo. Tagged as a Japayuki.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • bitoy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

for filipinos, a japayuki is a filipina entertainer who works in japan.

for the japanese, the word refers to a non-japanese southeast asian who whores in japan.

when japan opened its doors to the world in the 1900s, many unsuccessful geisha worked as prostitutes abroad, and they were called "karayuki" (miss overseas). the newer term japayuki is slang for the opposite of karayuki

• 1 decade ago

Japayuki is a person who work in Japan not only entertainers.. hello! Just like the song from sexbomb dancers.. they had a song about all the filipinos working abroad they had the "name calling" who work different countries.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jak sie masz! My name Borat. A Japayuki is one of my girlfriends! Very Nice! High Five!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

A Japayuki is a female entertainer in Japan. The entertainment is usually being a drinking or dance partner in a bar, so the Japayuki works as a hostess. She is paid by the number of drinks that she can get her guest to purchase during their visit to the bar or club. I order to get the guest to purchase many drinks the Japayuki will be very charming, beautiful and/or by allowing the guest to grope her or touch her private areas. In order to make more money, some Japayukis will become prostitutes to their clients. The percentage of Japayukis that become prostitutes is difficult to gauge but the purpose of the Filipina going to Japan is to make as much money as possible in a short time In my experience all hostesses were willing to go all the way, as they also believed it could result in a possible long term relationship.

• 4 years ago

Because that's what the textbook says. You should know better that education here in the Philippines is not really the best in the world. I for one say that Japanese "occupied" the Philippines for some time. So you're a hater of Jap-invaders of the old. Okay me too. Keep your span-flip mix wanking to yourself. Troll.

• 1 decade ago

a female Philippine entertainer, who works in Japan

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not "prostitute" but any filipina who works in Japan as entertainer-----singer, dancer, talking to customers and some of them become prostitutes too and some not. So it is more "entertainer" in Japan. Some entertainers become prostitutes and some not.

• Juan C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

a Filipino entertainer or performer, usually a singer, a dancer, or an actress, who works in a Japanese club in Japan...

• 1 decade ago

Where is VaGROina when her wisdom is needed?

All I know is Japayuki is a term for female (maybe includes male too, idk) Filipinos working as entertainers in Japan. As to what sort of entertainment, idk either.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.