What's the difference between true love, crushes and infatuations?

What's the difference between true love, crushes and infatuations? Opinions please, thanks.

Favorite Answer

Here is my opinion. Crushes are fleeting feelings of attraction for someone. You see someone that you like and would like to be with them but these feelings never last for very long. Infatuations start out as crushes, but these feelings keep going for longer periods. If there is someone you like, and you have a crush on them, then you begin to picture yourself with them and wonder what it would be like to be with them. You could be dating someone and be infatuated with them, but infatuation involves liking someone for all of their good qualities. if you are involved with a relationship like this, when things are going good it is easy to stay with someone without having a problem. But with infatuations, when the person that you are with begins to show their imperfect qualities, you suddenly may not feel as strongly about this person as you once thought. This is where the difference between infatuations and love can be seen. When you truly love someone, you are willing to embrace them knowing both good and bad qualities about them. True love is wanting to be with someone no matter how imperfect they are. This is the point where many relationships come to a point of either ending or getting stronger. You cannot have true love for someone until you have gotten to know that person inside and out. Once you know all of the facts about them, good and bad, you can decide if you truly love them. Loving invloves accepting a person for who they are, being faithful to that person and not wanting to have a serious relationship with anyone but that one person. Now im not saying that a person will never look at other people and think about what it would be like being with them, but if you truly love someone, the feelings that you have for other people will only be a fleeting crush. These are just my thoughts, you can take em or leave em. Hope ive helped alittle.

Love Crushes

True love is the strongest feeling one can ever feel in the couple's love path. A person's true love is very much like his or her soulmate. Both are attracted to each other physically, mentally and sexually. For me and my hubby, we are each other's true love and soulmates. We are quite lucky because there are many married couples who do not love each other that deeply. Some people end up dying without ever finding their true love.

Crushes and infactuations on the other hand, is just like puppy love. There may be only sexual attraction but no commitment at all. Both do not feel bonded, or it may be only one-sided love. A person having an infactuation may be having that same feeling for many other people at the same time. So it's quite ok, if the person was to meet many people at the same time, since the person did not regard that as a serious relationship.

• TG

A crush is the feeling of being in love, but its not really love...its that feeling of butterflies and the desire to be with someone. Crushes can easily turn into love if your crush feels the same way towards you, but it could also be a false feeling that goes away quickly.

Infatuation is similar to a crush. You have some feelings for the person and can't get them out of your head. I'd say its a little less than a crush but very close. (I like tresa's definition of infatuation)

True love is something you can't truly explain unless you've experienced it. The best I can say is that its a feeling of losing yourself in another person. You no longer see things as "me" but instead see it as "us." True love is when you truly get so into another person that you become a part of each other. I could really spend an hour try to explain it, but even if I did a great job explaining it its something that is impossible to "get" or understand until you have experienced it.

True love is nothing but sacrificing for the person we love. All the way making and wanting to see that person happy at any cost is true love and not expecting anything in return.

First of all, love can be felt and expressed at any age...young love sometimes can be felt really deep. Does this person make you a better person? Do you want to be better because of him? Do you put his needs, his feelings above your own wants and needs? Do you feel warm, happy, and secure when you are with him? Is there chemistry? Does he take your breath away? Is he your best friend? If you answered yes to all or any of these questions you could be falling in love. Infatuation usually wanes with time. A crush is usually temporary and easily replaced by the next crush. True love usually starts first as friendship. It grows. A crush, usually heats up fast, and cools down just as fast. I hope I've been helpful.

I am actually asking myself this very question about the relationship I am in now and DAM you had an awesome answer helped me out a lot! I guess I can't really give a good answer cause I am trying to find out if I am in love with him or if it was a rebound but ill give it a try! I agree with most of these answers and if you are in love with someone you don't see anyone else, you get butterflies when they walk in the room, you miss them when you are not together, you get excited when they return. When your feeling bad they make you feel better just by being there, they support you in everything no matter if they agree!! now if you don't have any of the above I would say that its more a crush?

obsessive love disorder is infatuation as a mental illness

I think everyone might have different opinions on this.

Infatuation: it's short-term. It's like when you see someone and you like how they look. But then, you'll get over them cos you don't see them anymore. It's not very strong.

Crush: Infatuation can develop into a crush. But when you realize that they don't like you or another better person comes around, or you get used to them, it dies away.

True love: When you love someone, you don't care about what other people think anymore. You just think about that person only. It's like... you're not only physically attracted to him anymore. You like him because of his personality and everything...

• Sybil

Love is a deep feeling between two people that care about and respect each other. Love develops over time after getting to know someone.

Crushes are a strong "like" for someone, mostly someone you slightly know but wish to know better.

Infatuation is thinking you are in love with someone. My mom always called it "in love with the thought of being in love" with someone.