Steam Download Question?

If I were to buy and download Team Fortress 2 and Gmod from Steam, would I be able to install it again on another computer AND play online with my brother (only having to pay once).

Favorite Answer

Nope. Valve have implemented several measures to keep this from happening: you can only be logged into steam from one computer at once, you cannot connect to internet servers in offline mode, and two users with the same steam account number cannot be in the same server at the same time. Probably even more stuff that I'm not aware of.

If you try, one person will inevitably be dropped from the server due to an invalid steam certificate, or something like that.