Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

Women could you explain the difference between...?

Women could you explain the difference between Cute and hot?

Give me characteristics of each.

In male terms, cute is good looking without a totally sweet body. I'm not going to lie, I call my boyfriend cute because he has a pot belly lol not the best body. Whether people realize it or not, hot has everything to do with a combination of the body and the face. But a guy can have a cute face and a hot body, and he'd still be hot. It's like an advanced equation. Cute is a good thing too though.

It's all in the manual.

I use cute to describe things that are attractive without sexual connotations. Also used to describe things that are sweet, or displays of vulnerability (eg. babies, or men getting upset when they have to go to hospital but pretending they aren't worried).

Hot has more sexual connotations.

hot: physical fitness (attractive)

cute: overall looks ( attractive)

extra....

pretty:specific parts that are cute (eye, face, fingers...etc)

beautiful: blossom externally from within

sexy: attraction from within

Source(s): looks rater

Perhaps you could think of it this way, your daughter looks cute in her floral party dress and girly stocking, but her mother, now she looks hot in her little black dress and stockings. =P

cute it's kinda like u think she looks good but ur not turned on but hot is like ur turned on... sort of

• Judah

They're sort of similar and are sometimes used interchangeably. Cute tends to mean boyish looking, though, a guy with a young-looking face, cute nose, etc... Hot implies more rugged-looking, squarer jaw, etc...

In my mind "cute" refers to cuddly and sweet. "Hot" to me means something more sexual. ♥ ∞

A three year old can be cute, but not hot.

Hot assumes some sort of sexual attraction, cute does not.

Cute is like a baby..something that makes you say awww or someone that looks like ..a baby face I guess that looks good. Hot is like someone that looks really good and sassy:P and they mostly flirt. haha hopes this helps xD