Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

What Does Quarantine mean? virus help?!?

This thing Came up on my computer and it says Real-time Virus Protection has detected a virus or other security risk, and performed the action specified.

.

Action taken: Quarantined.

.

Incident name: C:\Documents and Settings\Vivian\Shared\fly on the wall- miley cyrus.mp3

Detection name: TROJ_WIMAD.AT

User name: Vivian

Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is turned on and executed after scanning, click Next to view the final action taken.

SHOULD I HALT INTERNET TRAFFIC OR QURANTINE OR CLOSE OR HELP IDK WHAT TO DO?

Favorite Answer

"Quarantine" means that your antivirus found a malicious file, and it moved it into a secure location on your hard drive, where it can do no harm. Following should be your next steps:

1) Make sure your anti virus software is up to date.

2) Run a "deep scan" -- this will most likely take a few hours.

3) If it finds something, it will quarantine it again. Repeat this process until it finds nothing.

4) As a general rule, NEVER DOWNLOAD A FILE FROM SOMEONE YOU DO NOT KNOW. Some of the most common files sent to you to download and open that are actually viruses are .mp3's, .doc's, .zip's, and .pdf's. If you don't know the sender, delete the entire email.

Good luck!

2

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software - http://moveantivirus.com/?mTvK

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

.

Action taken: Quarantined.

.

Detection...

Source(s): quarantine virus help: https://shortly.im/RQEw2

Hello. My name is Sanjay Patel, and I currently hold an honorary Master's degree in the field of Computer Science. I am aware of, and have personal knowledge related to your question. There are computer maintenance businesses which are probably in your area, however they come at the cost of hiring a professional to enter your home. There may also be some local destinations where you can drop off your computer and wait to have a technician look at it. These options can often be costly, and pretty inconvenient. The answer to this question can probably be found doing a little extra research on Google.

A well-running computer can be a hard thing to maintain. From my experience, there is but only One software which is reputable- and consistently reliable for healing sick, slow computers. Reimage™ - https://reimagefix.im/ is a world-renown, easy to use software designed by Forensic scientists and made for the average person. This thing will fix literally just about ANY problem you could possibly be having with your PC. Reimage was recommended to me by a Professor during my 2nd year of Graduate school

Basically Quarantine means "It has locked up the virus so it cannot spreathroughoutht your computer and do any damage" most computer dont delete viruses and trojans because they cabecausease the virus is so well programmed so instead they locked it up in a file where it can never get out to do damage. but yes it is still on ur computer but it cannot do nothing so dont worry u are fine.

• guo

What Does Virus Mean

Depending on the exact issue at hand, a thorough Google search may be be your best bet at resolving for yourself whatever is causing dysfunction. Nonetheless, as a computer technician who runs his own business troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, and optimizing computers... I can probably guide you in the right direction. However, without having your PC directly at my fingertips, I can only make general suggestions. In this case, I would surely check out the highly esteemed world-class Reimage software from https://tr.im/ReimageRepair ..

When people come into our shop and drop off their PC for repair, the first thing we do is run an initial diagnostic. For this function, I use Reimage exclusively. In many cases, I am able to diagnose very quickly what is making their computer run slow, or is giving them the crashes/freezes/errors/grief that brought them to me in the first place. After the diagnostic, in a majority of cases, Reimage is able to remedy All problems and replace any corrupted Windows files. I then proceed to charge a handsome fee for my services that took me all but 30-60 minutes to complete. Obviously sometimes I must work more, but often this is all it takes. It is a very powerful tool that would likely put me and others in my industry out of business if more people knew of it. So don't tell anyone lol, and Good Luck with your PC.

Source(s): Personal Experience with https://tr.im/ReimageRepair

What Is Quarantine

Just Quarantine it. It seems like a song you downloaded called fly on the wall by miley cyrus was a trojan horse or a false positive. It probably is a real trojan horse if you did peer to peer file sharing

i got trojan.wimad to lol. its quarantined which means it cannot do any damage so you are ok. just a little advice though, download files only over 1000kb or 1mb. also dont download illegal and you wont get anymore.