scam asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Is campbell's chicken noodle soup good for you?

I'm going on a diet so i'm trying to eat healthy and workout. I bought the campbell's chicken noodle soup thinking how bad can soup be for you. But i just checked the back and it's 37% sodium! Am i better off with just eating a salad?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • tone
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you are much better off with salad. You must buy low sodium canned soups ans all can soups are loaded in sodium unless say low sodium. Salad is excellent choice, or try some heated low sodium chiken broth, or in between meals, drink a glass of hot tea or water which make s you feel less hungry. Sodium causes you to retain water and is not healthy for you in large quanitities

• A salad is not going to fill you up. Soup is perfect for dinner or lunch because you will stay full longer! Plus if your eating something you like you have more of a chance of sticking with the diet.

• 5 years ago

I just tried Campbell s Chicken Noodle with 25% less sodium. OK with 25% less sodium it still has a whooping 660mg of sodium. And when I tried it - it was like eating salted soup - not very appetizing and really not very healthy. I had to toss it and next time I will check the label - no reason for a company to put that much salt in a soup - they are killing people with this product.

• 6 years ago

Soup is fantastic. You must NOT buy low sodium soup. You need sodium to live. A can of soup will not put you over your daily sodium limit or harm you in any way. Low sodium soup has almost no flavor. The chicken noodle soup has protein and carbs which you need to live. A salad - almost none.

• 1 decade ago

You should try the progresso soups!!! Way lower sodium and way more choices. The chicken noodle has lots of oil and sodium, not so good for water retention when your on a diet lol!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

well try the low sodium choices.. i mean i don't check the sodium, i check the fat and the calories and progresso light soups have 60 calories per serving and no fat and are soo yummy.

Select light soups are soooo good but they do have a lot of salt.

salads have less calories if you dont load them up with a lot of dressing. keep in mind that dressings also have a ton of salt in them

• 4 years ago

The high sodium content is not good for you. Try eating chicken and rice as a snack with a salad. It s healthy and it will fill you up.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, you're better off eating a salad as long as you don't douse it w/ dressing.

Use the "Healthy Request" or "Low Sodium" soup varieties to save on sodium and fat.

• Helen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Anything in a can is going to last many, many years. If the can is dented it might not last as long but otherwise it's fine. The only reason any cans have expiration dates is because the manufacturers have learned that they can get people to throw out perfectly good food and buy more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You'd be better off making your own soup. You can control the calories and the sodium that way.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Help to Solve Diabetes http://ReverseYourDiabetes.netint.info/?m7en
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.