Is it cool that your girlfriend have a boy as a close friend.?

My girl has a boy as a close friend. Unfortunately hes not gay. She talks to him about us. I know that a dude can eventually take advantage of this. Should I stay on my tip toes about it? I kinda told her i dont like it but she insists that its nothing. Im just asking ppl that were in this situation what happened and how i can handle and manage it. Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

My GF has a guy friend like this. She says he is like her best friend, and she sees him as one of the girls, and she is not attracted to him like that. Although, I know that he is and has been in love with her for a long time...she is aware of this too, but still spends time with him and talks to him about me, which I think is a bit cruel, but whatever. I don't worry because I know she wants me, but it depends on how secure you are.

I don't think you should show her that your worried or anything she will think you don't trust her, but at the same time she should be considering you. I had a very good guy friend and when i started dating my boyfriend, I distanced my self; not totally but a bit from him, i don't hang around my friend alone ever, if i do my bf has to be there, and he didnt ask me to do this i did it on my own because i didn't want him to get upset, my bf trusts me 100%. I think you should tell her it makes you feel akward but don't push your insecurities too far, just keep an eye open. The only thing which im worried about is the fact that you gf "insists" that its nothing, sometimes when people insist on something too much its usually because they are hiding something... keep that in mind...

gud luck

~Caspian Queen~

I have close friends that are male, and my boyfriend has close friends that are female. There is nothing wrong with that - in fact, I'd think it was a bit strange of he had no female friends, I'd be wondering why not. She needs to have a wide range of different friends and you should accept this. If she tells you he's just a friend, why don't you trust her? No one wants to stay with a boyfriend who is jealous, possessive and untrusting.

i thick u should let her be,because have a female as a very close friend people will better of call or say that they are lesbians which will be of cause a bad name to u because u are her boyfriend.Well all u to do is be very careful and wash her closely if they do have some other relationships other than just friends

Boy you better stay on them toes like a bird on a telephone wire.Trust...he is waiting for the day for you to #$@$ up.He might be cool but watch him like a hawk.

Source(s): I've been that dude waiting for someone to @#$@% up

Depends on that kind of guy I guess.

Like the previous answer, try not to make it personal with him and cause a big problem, then he would jump at the opportunity to hurt you indirectly.

Try to make friends with him and put the worry to the side, gain a bigger picture of the situation and then make assessments. :)

yer stay on your tip toes. make m8s with the boy then he wont take advantage of her and may take a step back. and trust her

hope it helpsxx

Stay on ur tip toes, he wants the honey out her hive mate.

Yeah. Just make sure there is no reason for him to not like you. If you're in with him. There should be no problem between them.

Source(s): I can relate to his position.

No it is not "cool". If you love each other then you should be the only guy in her life besides family. Likewise she should be the only woman in yours.

Your in for trouble if it is a serious relationship, if it is not serious then who cares.