Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Do girls want a shy boy like me?

I am an 18 year old boy who only has one friend who is a girl and has not had a girlfriend yet. I also get rejected recently by a shy girl who I really liked too.

I am shy to begin with but once you get to know me I can be talkative at times. I am a smart person and I think I can be funny when I open up.

I think I'm average looking boy. I am definitely not hugely attractive but I think I may have the shy, cute look going for me. However, because I'm shy, I think I may come across as being a little bit boring at times. I am not good at showing emotions physically to begin with until I become more comfortable with people but I can be very happy and I am a generally an optimistic person.

I'm not the type of boy who is interested in sex really,although it does come into my mind occassionaly. I would like a girlfriend who is shy and sweet. Someone I can trust a lot and talk to easily but I would love a girl who just wants some love through lots of hugs and cuddles.

Could you please tell me if girls in general would like a guy like me.

Could you also tell me if you personally would be interested in dating in a boy like myself.

Favorite Answer

Wow, you'd be perfect for me!! And I'm a lot like you, too. I think there are sooo many girls out there that want a sweet, romantic boy like you, and still many more who would love that fact you don't want to rush right into physical intimacy. Different women like all sorts of different traits in their men, so don't judge yourself too harshly: you call yourself boring, but some girls out there would love that fact that you're not the "bad boy" type.

I think people aren't really comfortable with quiet/shy people like us, because they just don't know what to say to us, or how we will respond. But we really do have a lot to say, it's just that we chose to open up to certain people only.

You're definitely going to find a great girl who will love you just as you are! I wish more boys my age were more like you!

You made up a story about being shy unless you came out of the womb like that. I get you just don't say a lot until you get to know people. Look dude, you are not "shy". Let go of it.

Opposites attract. So there you go. Forget the hugs and cuddle nonsense. You are beyond that....really. Doesn't mean you will have sex but you do have an interest in wild passion. Sorry, I had to throw in some guy talk here.

I think you sound like an awsome sweet nice guy and I think any girl would love to be with you and get to know you. And I'd have to say the same about what I think of dating someone like you. Although I think you should open up a bit so people can see who you are. Because if you stay shy and hiding you won't be able to get to know many people personally. I hope I helped, and good luck finding that special girl

xoxoBecca

Oh yes. ding ding ding Im shy to! I noticed how you mentioned that you want a shy and sweet gurl I think you should try going for someone whos the complete opposite from you "let go and just let it flow". Not the extreme just someone that woudnt keep the relationship boring but someone who is still sweet trustworthy but at the same time give your life a lil taste. you know what i mean. Just try it. But hey If you still prefer your type and if your picky or whatever yes there are alot of gurls that likes shy guys *trust me* just be patient someone will come along BUT only when you least expect it ya just got to hold on tight and wait

-Good luck :-)

Wow you sound like a carbon-copy of what I was like in high school. High school is a rough time when you're shy; your classmates know you as "the quiet kid" and it's intimidating to break out of that. Trust me though, you will learn to be yourself (yourself is who you are when you get to know someone) with more people as you become comfortable in your own skin.

I would definitely say girls would be interested in you though. You're not boring, you're just afraid to be completely yourself with those you don't know well. Work on forming friendships with girls before you try to form relationships. It'll take awhile to get a the comfortable stage with someone but it'll be worth the effort.

Everyone here is saying to just "stop being shy." I know that's easier said than done. Lot of girls (including me) hate it when guys are loud and obnoxious. Stay how you are and be who you want to be.

Hang in there. You sound like a catch!

omg! ur soo sweet! i am kind of like you in girl form...i know what it's like..but you just have to wait for the right girl who likes a shy guyy. It doesn't matter how long it takes. You seem really sweet so you should definitely let that side of you showw. There is always a perfect match for everyone out there somewhere. You just have to find her. And you should really try to show your emotions, because a lot of girls hate it when guys act all tough 24/7..sometimes we want to see the sensitive side..don't lose hopee!

i totally get what you mean about the shy thing

im almost seventeen, a girl, pretty attractive, above avg intelligence but i can be really shy so no one can see anything about me

i will think some thoughts in my head that are so great but when i try to state them i end up sounding boring and dumb...

and as for the sex thing...i wish there were more guys like you...ive had one boyfriend for 3 months and he dumped me at the beginning of summer "bc we had nothing in common" but sometimes i was so sad when i was with him and i just wanted a hug, and a shoulder to cry on and he was too immature to notice or care

im sure that you will find someone who will like you...but first be confident in yourself bc you sound like a nice change of pace (:

yes! sooo many girls are looking for guys like you, you just haven't seen them yet because your shy. open up just a tiny bit more and people (girls) will really see you. the best part is your type of personality attracts the type of girls that you would want to date. it's kinda what all girls say they want. all you have to do is show more of you!

btw i would be interested in dating a guy like you but i'm not your age :P

Yes! Shyness makes a boy seem mysterious to me...but not ever boring. Maybe not girls in general, but some girls who can look past ripped abs and awesome hair will enjoy the shyness, and I love it when boys trust me.

But also, MOST girls like the boy to make the first move...and don't let past rejection stop you. How would you know if you don't try?

I am shy as-welll (but loosen up once I get to know the cutie)..I have had no problem getting with women... women consider shyness a form of sensitivity.. as long as you have good self confidence.... being shtheirt be a problem and women will be drawn to you (of course looks and the way you carry yourself has something to do with it)..... always remember look into thier eyes, listen to thier interest, wants and needs.. dont listen to what other guys say, ("sensitivity is gay") that is absolutely NOT true.... some women want bad guys, alot want sensitive guys... NOT OVER SENSITIVE THOUGH.... and NEVER BE CLINGY...

just my opinion by experience... good luck