Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Synonyms for "Palpable"???

I need to find a synonym for the word palpable. It must meet this definition: Able to be touched or felt. and it must be an adjective. also, it can not include any words in the definition. I already have tangible....just need one more now. Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

synonyms perceptible, sensible, palpable, tangible, appreciable, ponderable mean apprehensible as real or existent. perceptible applies to what can be discerned by the senses often to a minimal extent <a perceptible difference in sound to a careful listener>. sensible applies to whatever is clearly apprehended through the senses or impresses itself strongly on the mind <an abrupt, sensible drop in temperature>. palpable applies either to what has physical substance or to what is obvious and unmistakable <the tension in the air was almost palpable>. tangible suggests what is capable of being handled or grasped both physically and mentally <no tangible evidence of UFOs>. appreciable applies to what is distinctly discernible by the senses or definitely measurable <an appreciable increase in income>. ponderable suggests having definitely measurable weight or importance <exerted a ponderable influence on world events>.

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Synonyms for "Palpable"???

I need to find a synonym for the word palpable. It must meet this definition: Able to be touched or felt. and it must be an adjective. also, it can not include any words in the definition. I already have tangible....just need one more now. Thanks!

Source(s): synonyms palpable: https://shortly.im/LaBCy
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perceptible

• 1 decade ago

Tangible was going to be my answer! Sorry!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.