J.B.'s Girl asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

cost to fed a pikinese dog?

I just want to know how much it cost a month to fed a little dog. Just regular dog food.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depending on the dog food, about 10-15 dollars a month. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, which are toy dogs but bigger with higher energy (and I exersise them an hour everyday) and I spend about $25 a month for the both of them. For a pikineese, it should be about half of that. They don't eat a lot!

Source(s): I hope this helps! :)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you mean a Pekingese, I have one and I feed her a little over 1/2 a cup a day and she is perfect weight. It might be a little more if the dog was more active. I feed Canidae. I buy 5 lbs and it lasts forever. If you have a little dog there is no excuse for not buying the very best you can get. I also add about 2 tbls of boiled chicken daily to that, plus veggies and cooked eggs at different times.

• 1 decade ago

Almost every dog food is a different price. You can get it from 10 dollars for a 20 lb bag to 20 dollars for a 10 lb bag. It also depends on the weight of your Pekingese, as this breed can vary in size about 3-5 lb or so. I would go to the local pet shop or grocery store and compare the different foods and prices to find the best one for your pocket and your pet.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well depending on the dog food i would say about 10 bucks a month. if its a little dog, and u get a big bag of average quality dog food for about 20 dollars it will last a couple months for a small dog. it all depends. its not that expensive. i have a small rat terrier and he hasnt even eaten half of his 20 lb bag and its been about a month. :) good luck, hope this helps

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on what you decide to feed. I feed my chihuahua what the vet recommends and I do a mix of dry and wet and I also mix people food in (vet recommended). All together I'd say I spend maybe $40-ish a month. Feeding the dog will probably be the least of your worries money wise. Make sure you do your research and good luck!

• 1 decade ago

A good dog food can be any where from $ 12.00 - $ 20.00.

My dogs eat Natures Variety. Dry and raw and can.

Source(s): LB Pekingese and Chihuahua owner.
  • 1 decade ago

depends wat food and how much. like two pedigree pouches are 1 dollar ther 50 cents each.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.