Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

jimmy carter reference on gilmore girls?

on the episode before rory goes to yale, where she says to lorili "this is iran in 79 and you are jimmy carter" and when lorili gets there she says "I just got the jimmy carter reference" and starts laughing. what does that mean?

Favorite Answer

The Iranian hostage crisis, which started in 1979, was a diplomatic crisis where 52 US diplomats were held hostage for more than a year (444 days).

Lorelai says she gets it now, because she just realized how adamantly Emily was keeping Rory at her house, and how long she was planning to keep her. Lorelai would be Jimmy Carter, who attempted and planned multiple rescue missions during the crisis.

Hope that clears that up, I was just watching that episode. =]

lol I just watched that episode. Look Jimmy Carter up and Iran in 1979 to get it.