Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians, why are you in R&S?

I never get an answer tor these questions.

Please refrain from answering the question with another question, and from reporting the question because you can't answer any of them, thanx.

Answer any or all of these questions:

If people have a personal telepathic or similar relationship with God I don't see why he couldn't be the center of a forum, where he just relays and forwards the most important things to everybody.

Why are you in R&S?

Do you need answers or do you think you have them?

Is there something you feel you need to tell others about God that you think God can't tell them himself?

Are there really 6 billion important things to say about God, does everyone have something important to say or just you?

Or is there something you think God told others, that you need to come here to learn from them?

Doesn't all that add to the evidence of God's NON-existence (not necessarily proof, but adds to the evidence Theres a diference, right?)

Do you come to R&S to look for evidence of God's existence or non-existence? How much evidence would equal proof?

If a book of evidence was bigger than a holy book does that account for "Proof" that the holy book is wrong?

Favorite Answer

Alright... here goes...

Why are you in R&S? --- To provide clear answers to questions concerning Christian doctrines, beliefs, etc.

Do you need answers or do you think you have them? --- While I do not feel I "need" answers, I've learned a lot on the R&S forum. I do think I have many answers, not ALL of them, but many, especially concerning Christianity.

Is there something you feel you need to tell others about God that you think God can't tell them himself? --- Christians have been "commissioned" by God to "tell ALL nations." Therefore, while it is possible for God to tell others, He has given US that responsibility. Why? Ask HIM.

Are there really 6 billion important things to say about God, does everyone have something important to say or just you? --- 6 billion things? Where does THAT come from? Whatever we say about God should be important, if not to ourselves, to those "listening," And we cannot predict WHO our "witness" will change and when. Ours is to witness to others, The Holy Spirit's is to make the change.

Or is there something you think God told others, that you need to come here to learn from them? --- The Church is called the "Body of Christ," and a body has many parts and functions. If I can learn from what another "member" has to say, and then share that with someone who may have asked about the same issue, what's the harm? Why shouldn't I learn from others? Doesn't that, then, multiply the effects of the "original" learning by the one?

Doesn't all that add to the evidence of God's NON-existence (not necessarily proof, but adds to the evidence There's a difference, right?) --- No. I don't see how. God is a very personal being. He comes to each and every one of us, and personally calls us by name. If He chooses to use me, or my mother, or my sister, or some Christian theologian, to help open the door to someone's heart, and give them that personal message, why shouldn't He? As the one passage goes, "Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace." What a joy it would be to be "chosen" by God to help bring an unbeliever into faith! This IS our mission on earth!

Do you come to R&S to look for evidence of God's existence or non-existence? How much evidence would equal proof? --- Neither. I come to R&S to witness to the Truth. No amount of evidence equals proof. Only FAITH equals PROOF... and the Bible says that we do not need a whole LOT of faith at that... The parable of the mustard seed.. if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we "possess" the power to move mountains!

If a book of evidence was bigger than a holy book does that account for "Proof" that the holy book is wrong? --- No... as I eluded to just now, the "proof" is faith, and we only need a SMALL amount of that faith to be sufficient proof.

====

I hope I have provided some interesting answers to your questions.

Have a blessed day.

Your assumptions are wrong. There is no Telepathic link between God and Christians. Just how deluded do you think we are?

I'm in R&S to reach out to people of my faith and other faiths just to see whats going on with them.

I need some answers, and I have some.

God doesn't give us all the answers, he expects us to seek them out. That's why he gave us a mind, so we can think, reason and make our own decisions. He gave us each other so we might as well take that to our advantage.

There are probably much more than 6 billion things to say about almost any thing, but it's to bad we can't grasp them all.

It doesn't add to any sort of evidence because no such thing exists. God can neither be proven nor dis proven.

Science itself can never be proven 100% absolutely right only 100% absolutely wrong. At some point you are going to have to rely on statistics, and there is always some margin of error involved unless you have a zero. It's an imperfect world what else do you want me to say.

1) to help people like you understand a bit and to make sure that the truth is out there for people to know.

2) i think i have some answers and am interested in learning others.

3) God tells people about Himself through His body, the body of Christ, which is Christianity.

4) everything true about God is important, and anyone is allowed to say the truth, even atheists.

5) that's probably true.

6) how does that add to evidence of God not existing if he wants us to be one body, so we rely on each other as a different part of the body.

7) i know God exists, i'm just trying to get you guys to see it.

8) every evidence is proof.

9) how would that make the Bible wrong? if anything it just further proves that it is right since there is evidence of what it says outside of itself.

anything else?

I have made a scientific discovery that will lead to proving that the God Yahweh exists through mistranslated scripture by our religious experts in the first five books of The Bible. This will lead to proving that Yahweh is our "Intelligent Designer". This will lead to disproving Charles Darwin and his false theory of evolution. Is that a good enough reason why I am on R&S? Let's see someone top it.

It's fun. I've met some really wonderful people from around the world. It's never been my intention to prove God exists. He does that Himself. It's a pleasure to help people on their spiritual journey or to just laugh at some of the Q&As.

Because I live in a free country called USA or America for short and I have the right to browse any category I wish. Besides, Yahoo is an American institution created right here in this great land.

I am in R&S for a good giggle and belly laugh once in a while.

Peace

Jakasaki

New York

>>Why are you in R&S?<<

To help clear up misconceptions and answer questions people may have about Catholicism. I am not here to convince people God exists, or to tell anyone they are going to Hell if they don't share my beliefs, or to troll.

>>Do you need answers or do you think you have them?<<

I think I have them. There are tons of Catholic Church documents, and since I have spent more time reading them than the average person, I have become more familiar with what they say than the average person. When people ask, "what does the Catholic Church teach about such-and-such?", I am usually able to find the answer quickly.

To be like one of my hero's who was just a man who traveled the earth to study about becoming perfect.He didn't say he knew it all, he still had questions such as, What is Truth? For which of the good works that I have done do you want to kill me? He also said, Except ye become as a little child...... Little children that we are we still have lots of questions.

Who am I? Are we there yet? What's for dinner???????????

FACT is we are all here, all important, all part of the Equation.

US

Source(s): Love of LIFE and all that happens after your feet hit the floor........
  • Phoebe

Why am I here?

Because this forum offers a subject that I am interested in.

Because I enjoy learning.

This forum offers the opportunity to crawl into the minds of numerous individuals....yours in particular.

Why are you here?

I'm here to blow off steam and gain points. Nothing personal. If I raise a few hackles in the process, that's an added bonus.