When does Ramadan begin?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You cannot guess the exact days of when Ramadan will start, many times a calendar or website will say it's on some day, but ends up being the day before or the day after. In the end, it all depends on the sighting of the crescent the evening before the supposed day, if it is not sighted, they must wait till the next day to look for the crescent again.

Ramadan this year (in America) will begin somewhere in between the 31st of August and the 2nd of September and will last for 29-30 days, depending on the moon (should be a crescent that looks like a curved strand of hair). Regardless of which day it starts, Ramadan will be considered to have started the night before the actual day, since in Islam, Maghrib (Sunset) marks the beginning of the next day.

You can find out by calling your mosque on the 31st of August and 1st of September to find out. Calls will usually be flooded at that time, so they will record a message telling when Ramadan will be. Hope this helped :)

• 1 decade ago

Scientifically speaking, Ramadan begins of September 2. You may want to check with your local mosque though and see when they will be starting Ramadan.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Muslim
  • 1 decade ago

Ramadan is the 9th month of the moon calender.

September in the normal calender.

It will start within 12 days according to my Egyptian friend.

He was telling me all about it yesterday.

Source(s): My Egyptian friend who is a Muslim living in Egypt.
  • Some websites say August 31 and many people say the 1st or 2nd of Sept. But i guess we wont find out until two days before by looking at moon and tuning in for the news.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In America September 2nd

• mishi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Ist , 2nd, or 3rd september 2008

• 1 decade ago

Monday 1st to Tuesday 30th of September

:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1st or 2nd of September !i

• 1 decade ago

the first of september, and the fast breaks around 6/7pm...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sept 1st. cant wait!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.