reckless driving- mustang gt- 23 yrs old- screwed?

i am 23,

male

single

drive a 2003 mustang gt 5spd

got a reckless driving charge and accident on record

i know i am gonna get screwed on insurance but i was wondering what auto insurance company are the best and cheapest in my situation?

i am located in southern california( inland empire)

thanks guys

whats your number so i can get a qoute

Favorite Answer

Since you don't qualify for the California Good Driver Discount you belong in the "standard" market of insurance. You're a high risk, and the preferred insurance carriers (State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, Geico, etc) will either charge you an arm and a leg, or they won't take your risk.

You can shop around for insurance agencies like Eastwood, Freeway, AIS, etc. They specialize in at-risk drivers like yourself. They're not an insurance company, so they place you with an insurance company. I'm also an insurance agent working out of Central Cali, and I can offer you a quote and we can do an insurance policy by fax if you're interested. Let me know, so I can give you my phone number.

Source(s): Insurance Agent in California

I had 5 speeding tickets and Geico was the cheapest. Then two came off by the time I looked next and Progressive was cheaper. I recommend getting a bunch of quotes. You will just want to decide what coverage you really need first and make sure they quote you for the same coverage to make sure you're really comparing prices.

For example if you get a property damage limit of $10,000 it will be less than a limit of $50,000 with either company so if one quotes you with $50,000 and one with $10,000 you don't really know if they're cheaper or not. I would recommend getting as high limits as you can afford. Property damage limits will cover the damage you cause to other people's property and most accident I are about $2500 to $5000 but if you total a vehicle thats worth $20,000 you will owe $10,000.

I would try getting a quote from Geico and Progressive. They usually have the most affordable rates for young drivers. If you are interested in comparing quotes online you can check out the website below.

Good Luck!

http://savetodaycarinsurance.com/

The lowest priced insurance is usually from the online companies like Progressive, Geico, E-surance, etc since they have low overhead.

Source(s): Insurance agent 10 years
  • Todd L

Progressive is very forgiving. I am 21 with 2 accidents, a careless ticket and a speeding ticket and they gave me the best quotes.