Do you use a certain program to meditate with?

I am wanting/needing to start meditating...I need guidance and think that a cd/audio program may help. I have looked at various programs and wanted to see what others use or recommend. So far I have considered Bill Harris' Holosync, Chopra's Wild Divine, and James Arthur Ray's Collapse the World. I am sure there are many others, but what would you recommend to a beginner? (I am a beginner in many ways, but have read or listened to many books by Dyer, Chopra, James Ray and other personal development gurus...so I am extremely ready to take my development to a deeper level.)

I appreciate any thoughts and recommendations.

Favorite Answer

i go by bhagavad gita and also adopt the way of people like vivekanda and other such gurus.

i personally believe that meditation is not focusing on a thought forgetting what is happening around you but rather than focusing on everything that is happening around us. Meditation is the act of filtering out the things that we need to know.

people like the detectives, blind who see the world through the sounds are examples of people who are practicing meditation every single minute.

if one wants to win he should first learn to overcome defeat similarly we cannot filter or focus on a select few unless we learn the methodology of focusing on one thought and one thought alone. that is we are asked to start of with focusing on one thought.

to start of with chanting the name of a GOD over and over again would be ideal.

this will help you control the thought flow in your mind.

the next step would be to find answers within oneself. now that we have control over thought flow we can bring one thought at a time and try to figure the answer for it.

hope this helps

I learned most of what I know about meditation from Sri Chinmoy. The general basic I learned from Dr. David R. Hawkins

My friends and family and coworkers need me to think about them a lot, because there was something I was missing. I don't think that it is a good idea to try and forget about them.