Laptop internet access HELP?

I have never owned a laptop I am only used to my PC.How can I get internet access without being near my house,like If I'm at the park or something.I am in the process of moving and my PC will be in storage.I will need a Comp,but I can't say that my Temporary housing(friend) will have a computer so I can't connect the Linkys or whatever...Also what MUST my laptop come with to supprt whatever I need....I mean do I need the ethernet/10/100 or whatever...Sorry..I am clueless.I am buying the laptop online so I can't ask the salesperson.Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Well if you want to connect to a wired network (ethernet), you would need at least a 10 ethernet; when you have a 10/100 ethernet port or a 10/100/1000 ethernet port, this just means it has a faster data transfer rate, which roughly means a faster internet connection (as long as your internet provider supports it). If you want wireless access (such as being in a park), there must first be a public wireless internet service in the area. If you know there is, all you will need is a wireless card on your laptop (most likely built into your laptop if it is relatively new). Wireless, like ethernet, has faster speeds. The slowest wireless is called 802.11A, and increases in speed to 802.11B, 802.11G, and the fastest 802.11N. As long as there is a router around and you have a wireless card, you will get internet; the only difference between the different wireless' is the speed and range.

Hey mate,

To be able to use your laptop in the park, you should have wireless internet connection.

To get that, you can call your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from whom you have got your internet at home OR if you are in a library which has wireless internet, all you need to do is to press the "Wireless button" on your laptop and you get connected.

All new laptops come with wireless model that can connect you to public wireless internet, but make sure you do ask this from the company you are buying it.

If you want to use net in the park, you need a modem/router that will need to come from your ISP.

you could get a broadband card from a wireless provider but you have to get a contract with them. alternatively you probably have somewhere around you with free WiFi, that is wireless internet access such as a library or coffee shop. your laptop should have whatever you need and you probably will end up wanting an ethernet port at some point in the laptop's life. so yes get one with an ethernet port.

• furney

This activity would be performed via springing up an advert - Hoc community. it rather is often finished by means of abode windows community and Sharing midsection. Open the administration Panel, then Open the community and Sharing midsection. After this, click set up a sparkling connection and stick to the activates. I rather have used this while coworkers and that i've got stayed in a motel with merely one ethernet connection to their LAN. I would desire to create an advert - Hoc community to allow my coworkers to apply my internet Connection. yet another component to undergo in ideas, is that whenever you're working with advert - Hoc networks, you could desire to sit down down returned on the sofa and luxuriate in the fresh tunes of Chuck Mangione's hit album "Feels So sturdy." Chuck's tunes are constantly cool, elegant, and fresh.

you need to have a wi-fi adapter to access the insternet anywhere

you need to move to an area where there are accesspoints to Wi-Fi

such as some Institutes or 5-star Hotels

They come with ethernet and wireless capabilities built in