If McCain thinks an embryo is a human being then why does he support embryonic stem cell research?

Should McCain also send the armed forces to liberate fertility clinics from mass genocide? or was he just telling a fib to fundy's?

Update:

from a pro-life webpage:

http://www.lifenews.com/nat3332.html

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

He was fibbing. He thinks fundies are gullible. And he's probably right.

• 1 decade ago

If your pro life,, there can be NO exception for the mothers health or ANY reason.. The Catholic church will when given a choice of mother or child in a Catholic hospital,, will choose the child,, Reasoning ,,the mother has already experienced life.. the child has not.. Great ,,HUH?? Personally I'm pro contraceptives totally with no exceptions or perimeters.. Day before ,,after in between,, Night before ,,Condoms ,,Pill,, whatever,, Abortions would go down by ninety percent.. But like I said,,if your pro life,, there are No Exceptions.. Not incest rape nothing... Remember,, life begins at Conception !!! Now whose the hypocrites ?? SOLOMON

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's important to remember that abortions go on whether legal or not. Before Roe v. Wade authorities never pulled dead rich women from botched back alley abortions. It was always the poor that suffered.

The party of the rich (Republican) could care less if Roe v. Wade overturned. They’ll have their doctors do it anyway just like they did in the old days.

But the GOP isn't going to overturn R v. W. They've had eight years under Bush to do so. They’ll continue to use the issue to stir our emotions in order to sucker us for our votes.

I remember before R v. W when my mother, grandmother, and another woman were at our kitchen table. They had just come back from a funeral of a friend who was a victim of a botched abortion. With tears streaming down my grandmothers face she chokingly said, "It's a damn shame that we live in a country where dogs receive better treatment than a woman."

Pro-Choice is Pro-Life

• 1 decade ago

The bill that he voted for is for funding only for use of leftover embryos in fertility clinics that were to be discarded.

""In 2007, in what he described as "a very agonizing and tough decision," he voted to allow research using human embryos left over from fertility treatments. ""

Hes against creating new ones though and of course supports adult stem cell research.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You ask a very legitimate question. That is one of the big reasons why I could not support McCain during the primaries. It is a hypocritical position. That said, when it comes to respecting human life, McCain is still way ahead of Obama.

• 1 decade ago

There's an internal struggle between his handlers. Seems like the last one to get him gets the last word out of his mouth. My but this brings back memories of Reagan with Nancy whispering in his ear. Only now, he gets it from Joe Lieberman.

• 1 decade ago

Like a typical, lying politician, McCain talks out of both sides of his mouth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

McSame has rejected GOP tenets and sold his soul to the right wing extremists currently in control of his party. He will deliver this country to the extreme right if elected by continuing the policies of neocon thinkers who represent a small minority of the American people.

Obama 2008

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Boy, digging at straws , aren't you.

I don't beleive in abortion except in some cases. , But it is still legal to have them. And stem cell research is very important so what happens happens

So until they make a law that says a woman can't decide what is best for herself. You go ahead and keep trying to decide for her. OKAY?

• 1 decade ago

Nice rant! John McCain supports adult stem cell research. There is more promise there anyway.

• 1 decade ago

because embryonic stem cell research was being done on mothers that were either brain dead or dying

lol to funny blonde i agree

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.